PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

karam

Lifer
Feb 2, 2019
Basel, Switzerland
Hello, despite what people are likely to say below me, they are not VERY bad, just VERY weak on the tobacco front so they don't do much for most of us. They are old school, pipe hanging out of my mouth 24/7 , never cleaned, kind of tobaccos.

In my opinion the best you can get in that category (Danish Cavendish Aromatics) is MacBaren's Seven Seas line which is a tad closer to what most people here like to smoke, and even better going to the MacBaren Amphora series, and Vanilla (called Classic in Europe) which are actually good tobacco.

Ajsnow93

Might Stick Around
Mar 16, 2021
Larisa, Thessaly, Greece
Hello, despite what people are likely to say below me, they are not VERY bad, just VERY weak on the tobacco front so they don't do much for most of us. They are old school, pipe hanging out of my mouth 24/7 , never cleaned, kind of tobaccos.

In my opinion the best you can get in that category (Danish Cavendish Aromatics) is MacBaren's Seven Seas line which is a tad closer to what most people here like to smoke, and even better going to the MacBaren Amphora series, and Vanilla (called Classic in Europe) which are actually good tobacco.
You're from Athens right? I'm from Larisa! Many around here told me about Molto Dolce but I have no idea where or if I can find it in Greece.

Jun 16, 2018
Athens, Greece
I am yes :)

I don't know about Molto Dolce, never had it and I'm pretty sure it's not sold in Greece. Edited my post because I realised I misunderstood what you said.

Molto Dolce is a real "Sweet Bomb" and comes with lot of moisture in the tin, not sold in Greece.

I find that Skandinavik Regular is a decent tobacco, I regularly smoke it.

P.S. After all, there is small group of Greeks here....

Dimitri

Lurker
Jul 2, 2020
St. Helens, England
Γεια σας Παιδια,

I am from Corfu but now live in the UK.
For me my favorite Skandinavik was the exotic. A real rich aromatic, with the most amazing room note, all my friends would ask if they could roll some and smoke as a cigarettes'!

I cannot find it anywhere now, the closest I have got is the Peterson Connoisseurs choice, but to be honest I more often than not prefer English blends.

But the skandinavik exotic was my fist tobacco in my first pipe and first love!

Ajsnow93

Might Stick Around
Mar 16, 2021
Larisa, Thessaly, Greece
Γεια σας Παιδια,

For me my favorite Skandinavik was the exotic. A real rich aromatic, with the most amazing room note, all my friends would ask if they could roll some and smoke as a cigarettes'!

I cannot find it anywhere now, the closest I have got is the Peterson Connoisseurs choice, but to be honest I more often than not prefer English blends.

Γειά σου φίλε μου,

I've come to learn that in Greece we don't have plenty of tobacco. I'll be giving a try to the Skandinaviks butac Baren has grown to me by now.

Reactions: danimalia

karam

Lifer
Feb 2, 2019
Basel, Switzerland
Γεια σας Παιδια,

Many here would give their left...kidney to have access to unlimited quantities of Gawith Hoggarth and Samuel Gawith that you can get in the UK. I was in the UK for 12 years but sadly was smoking cigarettes then, and not pipe. Now every time I went - pre-covid - I made sure to get plenty of UK tobaccos with me back.

Status
Not open for further replies.