Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

leafsmoker

Can't Leave
Oct 26, 2017
Indiana, USA
We all know that we have ads for websites to place our orders. Maybe this is a Mod question. I am hoping that the site sponsors just support the site by having their ad on the site, regardless if we click on them or not. If not, do we all have to click on the website ad and order to get the sponsorship funds for this forum? Just a ''I wonder question''

leafsmoker

Can't Leave
Oct 26, 2017
Indiana, USA
Will do Ashdigger, if he says we indeed have to click and buy, we should keep this thread open, otherwise it can be deleted by Mods, Thanks

leafsmoker

Can't Leave
Oct 26, 2017
Indiana, USA
Will do John. If the Mods delete it we know our answer, not to worry, otherwise I am going to be ordering through the site ads if the forum gets a kick back.

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
Yes, site sponsors pay for the privilege of advertising on pipesmagazine.com. Like any other business, we receive monthly, quarterly or yearly invoices (depending on sponsor payment preference), to pay from.
I can't speak for any of the other site sponsors, but I do like it when someone accesses my website by clicking through from my pipesmagazine.com ad's website address link. My website has a couple of different options that I use that shows me the various ways that customers access the site, including the weekly number of click through's (direct access) from my ad on pipesmagazine.com.
And, now would be a good time to once again say how much I appreciate the business I get from many of our members here!

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Thanks Pipestud for the comments and sponsorship! I actually did not know exactly how it works for site sponsors, Kevin handles the business aspect of the site.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
I try to make it a habit of clicking through to a sponsor's site whenever I see something on the forum that prompts me to check out their site. I know of two other sponsors in addition to Steve who also track click-throughs.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Thanks for a good answer PipeStud!
All of the ads you see are paid for, and they are what keep this site and forums running. No Ads = No PipesMagazine.com.
The money invested in advertising needs to be justified, and ad impressions and clicks are tracked.
You don't HAVE to click the ads to get to the sites, but it is appreciated when you do.
We should support those that support us.

May 9, 2018
Raleigh, NC
Good to know, from now on, I'll make it a point to click on the ads and sponsor links from the forum to navigate to all of the sites I've got commemorated to memory now just to make my clicks count! Just so long as you don't know how many of them are mine... 8O

Jan 8, 2013
Usually, unless I'm clicking on the link added to an Email update from one of the sponsors, I'll use the links posted here. I figured that's how it was done. Now that I know for sure, I'll certainly use the links provided here even more often.

Status
Not open for further replies.