PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Its a modern iteration of the stuff people used to put in their meerschaum pipes to act as a 'Coloring Bowl' which caused that strange two tone on old meerschaum pipes.

anantaandroscoggin

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 9, 2017
Greene, Maine, USA
As the tobacco plants used for product have the seed-bearing part lopped off part-way through the growing season in order to make each plant not intended for seed production put it's "efforts" into growing the leaves, I find it doubtful that any of us have ever smoked tobacco seeds unaware.

seanv

Lifer
Mar 22, 2018
Canada
I have a savinelli I use a screen in. I use it because the cake started to crack at the bottom. It works well and nothing gets caught in the crack anymore. Other than that use, I don’t see why you would need to use a screen.

ophiuchus

Lifer
Mar 25, 2016
I've read of meerschaum chips being placed at the bottom of tobacco chambers as a kind of debris catcher.
balkisobrains still hangs out here, tried this out ... how did that experiment fare? Still use them?

Aug 14, 2012
You can save money by putting these a little above the bottom of the bowl. That way if you do not smoke the dottle, you do not pay for it. Amazon has them much cheaper than pipe shops.

Status
Not open for further replies.