Single Pipe or Two-Pipe Pouch Recommendation Needed: FireDog Brand or Something Similar

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

radrick96

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 4, 2020
Orlando, Florida
Howdy friend!
I just commissioned a custom pipe pouch lined with my family tartan from Ed graves at Dark Fired Leather on Etsy. His work on social media is very popular as well as on pipe forums!734BA2D9-1D8B-481B-B416-E3BAF0BC5ADC.jpeg6E879A5C-6E0C-460F-83A1-00EA901A2DC1.jpegEC2F2603-8D16-4F54-9A04-6C6BBEBA399E.jpeg
Cost me $125 but it’s Italian leather custom lined and stitched with a latch instead of a strap you wrap around and tie. I can fit two pipes in if i place them facing each other depending on size!

I love his craftsmanship so much I’m commissioning him to do a leather straight razor roll for my 7 day set of cut throats.

Last edited:
Reactions: Severus

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
Shame you don't have something like a Tandy Leather shop near you. You could buy a bike tool bag kit from them and make your own. I know a couple of guys who use them for pipe bags.
Screen Shot 2020-07-08 at 7.46.20 AM.png

Severus

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 1, 2020
Vaughan, ON
Howdy friend!
I just commissioned a custom pipe pouch lined with my family tartan from Ed graves at Dark Fired Leather on Etsy. His work on social media is very popular as well as on pipe forums!View attachment 35647View attachment 35648View attachment 35649
Cost me $125 but it’s Italian leather custom lined and stitched with a latch instead of a strap you wrap around and tie. I can fit two pipes in if i place them facing each other depending on size!

I love his craftsmanship so much I’m commissioning him to do a leather straight razor roll for my 7 day set of cut throats.
That's a very good looking pouch! The further this thread goes, the more I understand that no cutting corner in pipes accessories. Got stuff cost good dollar! :)

Reactions: radrick96

radrick96

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 4, 2020
Orlando, Florida
That's a very good looking pouch! The further this thread goes, the more I understand that no cutting corner in pipes accessories. Got stuff cost good dollar! :)
Exactly. I figured since I’m young,24, I need something that will last the rest of my life. And if it lasts the rest of my life, I want to be able to pass it on as a family heirloom! I know I wish I had my great grandfathers or uncles pipes.

Severus

Jul 1, 2020
Vaughan, ON
Exactly. I figured since I’m young,24, I need something that will last the rest of my life. And if it lasts the rest of my life, I want to be able to pass it on as a family heirloom! I know I wish I had my great grandfathers or uncles pipes.

I love this way of thinking, man! Keep it up! :)

Severus

Jul 1, 2020
Vaughan, ON
Got myself a canvas pipe roll. Will post some pics and impressions when I get. Hopefully, it will be helpful for other new pipe smokers.

tobefrank

Lifer
Jun 22, 2015
Australia
I've got this one pipe pouch and am very happy with it. It is well built and put together. I'm a big fan of the brown orange colour combination.

Severus

Jul 1, 2020
Vaughan, ON
Sponsored by my local optician:

Agree I can get two straight billiard in a sunglasses case or two pipes and cleaning kit into the larger Oakley sunglasses semi hard case

I don’t wear glasses, and all my sunglasses take up their own cases.
I also was looking fir something purpose-designed. Got this canvas pouch from Amazon for a good price, but at some later point I think, I still will get another higher capacity carrying pouch.

Severus

Jul 1, 2020
Vaughan, ON
I've got this one pipe pouch and am very happy with it. It is well built and put together. I'm a big fan of the brown orange colour combination.

That’s a gorgeous pouch. I liked this design more than all the other pouches that I saw of that type of construction. I still might get it later, as my pipe collection grows too.

Severus

Jul 1, 2020
Vaughan, ON
Another package in the mail. My pipe roll has arrived and made me very excited! :)

I think I got exactly what I was looking for at this point of my pipe-smoking journey. Its a waxed-canvas pipe roll.

The roll is hand made by Hide & Drink brand in Guatemala and is sold on Amazon.com for about $17 USD or so. It comes with 101 years warranty, which is a very nice marketing feature. Hope will never need to evoke this warranty promise. :)

The size is right for my needs - to carry one, or maybe even two pipes with some tobacco and the necessary paraphernalia.

Couldn't expect more than that for the price.

Attachments

• IMG_1026.jpg
    IMG_1026.jpg
    198.5 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1028.jpg
    IMG_1028.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1032.jpg
    IMG_1032.jpg
    282.1 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1033.jpg
    IMG_1033.jpg
    298.2 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_1034.jpg
    IMG_1034.jpg
    307.4 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1035.jpg
    IMG_1035.jpg
    396 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1036.jpg
    IMG_1036.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1037.jpg
    IMG_1037.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1030.jpg
    IMG_1030.jpg
    222.4 KB · Views: 16

radrick96

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 4, 2020
Orlando, Florida
Another package in the mail. My pipe roll has arrived and made me very excited! :)

I think I got exactly what I was looking for at this point of my pipe-smoking journey. Its a waxed-canvas pipe roll.

The roll is hand made by Hide & Drink brand in Guatemala and is sold on Amazon.com for about $17 USD or so. It comes with 101 years warranty, which is a very nice marketing feature. Hope will never need to evoke this warranty promise. :)

The size is right for my needs - to carry one, or maybe even two pipes with some tobacco and the necessary paraphernalia.

Couldn't expect more than that for the price.
That looks good. How big of a pipe will it hold in a pocket?

Severus

Jul 1, 2020
Vaughan, ON
That looks good. How big of a pipe will it hold in a pocket?
It would obviously gonna differ from pipe to pipe, but the roll on the picture attached above actually holds two pipes in one pocket - Dr. Grabow Royalton and The French pipe #5, as well as a lighter and czech tool, no tobacco though. But if I put it in a small zip-lock bag, it would go into a pouch without any issue and without making it much bigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.