PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
These three proprietary blends just posted this morning at Watch City. For those that don't know, Spill'sbane is their 2019 Christmas Blend which is a collaboration between Ernie at Watch City and Ozark Wizard/Ozzie. It's a combination of Simply Red, Red Va and Red Va Cavendish along with a liberal dose of DFK and dashes of Perique and Cigar Leaf. I've had 3 or 4 bowls of it to date and found it quite good. Good enough that I went back and bought a second pound after receiving the first. It's rather unique in flavor, I'd say the closest thing I've seen is Sansepolcro and HU Nyala.

These usually don't last long, limit of 1 lb purchase for each.

Reactions: SpookedPiper

kwg116

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 21, 2017
Just placed an order for Simply Red and Old Dominion. Looking forward to trying these after all of the glowing reviews.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Just loaded up on Simply Red and Rhythm and Blues. Been waiting a while to see them back in stock. Thanks for the heads up!

mityahicks

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 18, 2018
Wife just got me a nice spread of watch city for an early Christmas present. Thanks for the heads up.

cohibajoe

Mar 2, 2018
Branchburg, NJ
These three proprietary blends just posted this morning at Watch City. For those that don't know, Spill'sbane is their 2019 Christmas Blend which is a collaboration between Ernie at Watch City and Ozark Wizard/Ozzie. It's a combination of Simply Red, Red Va and Red Va Cavendish along with a liberal dose of DFK and dashes of Perique and Cigar Leaf. I've had 3 or 4 bowls of it to date and found it quite good. Good enough that I went back and bought a second pound after receiving the first. It's rather unique in flavor, I'd say the closest thing I've seen is Sansepolcro and HU Nyala.

These usually don't last long, limit of 1 lb purchase for each.
I missed the Simply Red last time....Just ordered 1lb. Simply Red, Rhythm & Blues 4oz, Old Black Magic 4oz, Stardust 2oz...Good way to checkout some New blends watching the football games over the weekend.

Reactions: SpookedPiper

stbruno70

Jul 9, 2013
I picked some Spills'bane up at the shop recently and am smoking a bowl right now. There is an intriguingly earthy top note which I suspect is due to the Dark Fired Kentucky. Another great blend from Watch City.

logs

Lifer
Apr 28, 2019
Rhythm and Blues is quite a nice Virginia mix and one of my favorite WC offerings. Simply Red is good, but for my money Sutliff 515 RC-1 is in the same ballpark and has the advantage of being less expensive and easier to get.

tfdickson

Lifer
May 15, 2014
East End of Long Island
Spillsbane is a terrific example of the blender’s art- it’s full and rich yet also exquisitely balanced. I can name just a few blends with DFK that pull this off, none until now with cigar leaf, and certainly none with DFK, cigar leaf, and perique thrown in as well.

Reactions: jpberg and rmpeeps
Status
Not open for further replies.