PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
Lotus Eater my website is here:
This isn't a sales pitch or attempting to get around the goal posts. AKA the rules.
You asked a direct question and I gave you a Direct answer.

Toast

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 15, 2021
UK
Just an FYI - I had a number of broken links and a few pages that needed repair. I fixed it all yesterday.
I had a peek yesterday & today & I'm still struggling to see most of the available pipes (no pictures, links don't take me anywhere) - that might be because I'm trying to do it on my phone though...?

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Phones make it more difficult for many.

OTOH, when you open some pages, there will be empty boxes for pictures, and you have to click on them to open the photos and. specs.

Some very fine pieces available!

Reactions: Toast

Toast

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 15, 2021
UK
What I can see looks great! & I'll have a try on my laptop tomorrow if I get a chance - mostly I just get this though:
Screenshot_20210818_004825_com.android.chrome.jpg

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
There's a lot of mention in this thread of "the simple billiard." But artisans often say that billiards aren't simple, that in fact they are among the most difficult forms to shape because the dimensions have to be exact.

If simple, for the many made? If simple because straight, eschewing complex design?

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
saltedplug, I couldn't agree more. When I use the word simple, I don't mean simple to make. I mean it is a good, well made conforming to proper Billiard dimensions and a good smoking pipe with no ostentatious baubles and whirly-gigs.
Please don't misunderstand what I'm trying to say here! Certain types of pipes, and shapes look great with a lot of baubles and artful whirly-gigs.
My own personal preference is no more than one decoration on a pipe, a band of an exotic wood, a ring, spalted maple, I think that too many decorations on a single pipe take away from the purity and clean lines of the pipe.
Just my two cents worth of amateur carving.
Guys, gals, please have a look at my website and let me know if links don't work or pictures don't show up.
Everything is working as far as I can determine. I use Firefox but I can also preview on other platforms.
Thanks all.

LotusEater

Lifer
Apr 16, 2021
Kansas City Missouri
saltedplug, I couldn't agree more. When I use the word simple, I don't mean simple to make. I mean it is a good, well made conforming to proper Billiard dimensions and a good smoking pipe with no ostentatious baubles and whirly-gigs.
Please don't misunderstand what I'm trying to say here! Certain types of pipes, and shapes look great with a lot of baubles and artful whirly-gigs.
My own personal preference is no more than one decoration on a pipe, a band of an exotic wood, a ring, spalted maple, I think that too many decorations on a single pipe take away from the purity and clean lines of the pipe.
Just my two cents worth of amateur carving.
Guys, gals, please have a look at my website and let me know if links don't work or pictures don't show up.
Everything is working as far as I can determine. I use Firefox but I can also preview on other platforms.
Thanks all.
The only images that are visible on the available pipes page are the the narrow bent Dublin and the saddel stem stack billiard. The other ones just appear as grey boxes with the word picture. - I’m using an iPhone 12

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
Thanks LotusEater, dang that frustrates me all to heck and gone. I'll ask the techs at Coffeecup Software because I use their design platform.
Thanks man

Reactions: LotusEater

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
I love a simple billiard!
004-002-17584.3076.jpg

Reactions: jpmcwjr and OzPiper