PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dontbeaburleyman

Might Stick Around
Dec 22, 2013
Central California
Hi All!
I really enjoy SPC Plum Pudding. Something about the oriental/latakia ("incense") type flavor I really like.
What blends are similar? Don't want to replace it, just expand my horizons in this genre!

oldreddog

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 4, 2014
Tour Old Dublin by Gaslight,but be careful of a Presbyterian who may offer you Priate Kake.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Balkan Sasieni, McClellend's Dark Full English, Frog morton on the town, Arango Balkan Supreme, and Estorica Margate all have this incense note you want. I also smoke Plum Pudding.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
It's really one of a kind man but I agree with the dude that recommended Bengal Slices. The Orientals are stellar in that one.

Anyone try any aged Plum Pudding? I have an 8 ounce tin I'm thinking about opening and I'm wondering how the Lat holds up. I'm not a huge fan of aged English blends but if the Oriental's and Virginia's are high quality (Penzance) the blends usually hold up quite well and actually improve with age.

leacha

Jun 19, 2013
Colorado
Why not try Potlatch? It's PP with Burley. It's also a ribbon cut so you just stuff and smoke.

fmgee

Sep 26, 2014
I am a huge fan of Plum Pudding. I'll second the recommendation for Bengal Slice, it is the closest thing I have tried. If you like the incense note Samuel Gawith Skiff Mixture and Esoterica Margate are both worth a shot. They are totally different to Plum Pudding but have a great incense feel.

jabo

Can't Leave
Jan 26, 2016
All good info in case something happens ta Plum Pudding. Hopefully not.

kiel

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 27, 2016
I like the lists I'm seeing in this thread. I have an ever-growing cellar in the States waiting for the day I return, and quite a few of these blends are part of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.