PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fjc623

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 24, 2014
New York
Good evening to all hope the last few days went well for all.
wanted to ask if anyone on the forum has purchased Sillems brand pipe tamper and lighter in Enamel finish.

Had come across the brand and would welcome any feedback. Prices seem to be up there on both.

Thanks again

Reactions: anotherbob

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
wanted to ask if anyone on the forum has purchased Sillems brand pipe tamper and lighter in Enamel finish.

Had come across the brand and would welcome any feedback. Prices seem to be up there on both.

Thanks again
They're manufactured by IM Corona, so at that price point you're paying for the name.

eyewsee369

Lurker
Oct 9, 2018
N. Va
The Sillems lighter’s core may be the same as an IM C, however it feels significantly different in the hand. The swollen body and increase weight fill my hand better. The sensation of holding an Emerald green one in a Tobac shop @ Harvard Square 20 years ago still lingers In me. I recently bought a Dunhill old boy bc I could not find the Caramel Sillems.

Jun 9, 2018
England
The Sillems lighter’s core may be the same as an IM C, however it feels significantly different in the hand. The swollen body and increase weight fill my hand better. The sensation of holding an Emerald green one in a Tobac shop @ Harvard Square 20 years ago still lingers In me. I recently bought a Dunhill old boy bc I could not find the Caramel Sillems.

The caramel finish was the one I wanted but I couldn't find it either so went for blood red instead.

Jun 9, 2018
England

Thanks again

I have a Sillems lighter with the Chinese/cold lacquer finish and it was worth every penny. I got mine through an ebay auction and it was about a 1/3rd cheaper than most shops.
The innards are sent from IM Corona to Germany where Sillems do all the silverwork etc.IMG_20191025_182451.jpg

Reactions: Briar Baron
Jun 9, 2018
England
I had my eye on emerald green goes with my golf game when I play again

Nice colour?. To be honest all the colours looked smashing, the only one I didn't care for was the black.

Make sure you post some pictures when you get it. The Old Boy design and build quality is second to none, add on some Sillems silver magic and you end up with a thing of beauty.

I looked into Sillems when I bought my lighter and they've got some history, they've been around since the 16th century.

fjc623

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 24, 2014
New York
Nice colour?. To be honest all the colours looked smashing, the only one I didn't care for was the black.

Make sure you post some pictures when you get it. The Old Boy design and build quality is second to none, add on some Sillems silver magic and you end up with a thing of beauty.

I looked into Sillems when I bought my lighter and they've got some history, they've been around since the 16th century.
Yes for sure will post some pictures thanks again for your expertise

Status
Not open for further replies.