PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

nzpiper

Might Stick Around
Aug 16, 2011
I apologise beforehand, for my lack of real skills as a tobacco reviewer, but I would like to give my impression of Sillem's Blue after only a couple of half-bowls.
Firstly, I must say: Never Ever, buy tobacco because your wife thinks the tin looks "cool" - ever! I did this to my dismay, buying a 100g tin of Sillem's Blue online recently.

So here's the review:

The tobacco is presented in an attractive-looking square tin, with the trademark silver cross on the front.

Upon first opening, the aroma was that of perfume, potpourri or those smelly candles people buy to mask odors in their homes.

On charring light, the taste of bath soap was probably the most distinguishable, and continued untill I gave up half-way through the bowl.

The room note was very similar to the pouch aroma, only more pronounced.

I have managed another half-bowl, but I've now realised that I have a 100g tin of tobacco that I will probably never smoke, yet cannot bear to throw away, due to my respect and love for tobacco.

I apologise to all those who enjoy this particular tobacco for my somewhat negative review, and to all the proper reviewers for my reviewing skills.
Sillem's Blue - Definitely NOT my cup of tea.

seanz

Part of the Furniture Now
May 8, 2011
Southland NZ
Bummer sorta sounds like this indian tobacco i came across not long age. That crap ghosted up a briar so bad that i just cant go near it now

markw4mms

Lifer
Jun 16, 2011
Bremen,GA
I guess you could cellar it in a mason jar and see how it ages.. maybe after a couple of years it will mellow out, or just offer it up for trade or sale here, you never know, there might be someone on here that really likes it.

Status
Not open for further replies.