PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
I suppose dogs really are members of the family...

Strong family resemblance there Kamikazesasquatch. :D

kamikazesasquatch.jpg

dags.jpg

aussielass

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 18, 2011
Woah! Bentley's an Aussie, bless his little paws :)
I'd hate to be whatever is up that tree with those fangs inches away from me lmao!
Beautiful guns - I was majorly pissed when I had to hand my shotgun in after that lunatic went on a shooting spree over here and our Govt. changed the laws. Interestingly enough, I don't do conspiracies, but when you read up on that case, the Head of our armed forces in Vietnam was actually quoted as saying that even one of his Special Forces troops couldn't have killed the 32 or 35? that Martin Bryant, who'd never even handled a gun is alleged to have .... pfft, shooting from the hip on the run, and he didn't know which end of a gun was which and he wasn't the full quid mentally anyway. Fall guy for something much more sinister? I do believe he might have been.

robs

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 1, 2010
I didn't put these up as they appeared in another thread recently,

But Hey Ho, you can't have too many pictures of an all original Triumph Stag with removable Hard Top. This one was from the very last run of production.

MVC-016S.jpg

Then there was this, from my younger days

marisasphotos006.jpg

2223921960084080354S500x500Q85.jpg

aussielass

Oct 18, 2011
Oooh Robs, they're gorgeous!!! Love the Stag to bits, especially lid remove option, didn't ever see that over here but there may've been a couple getting about in the richer states.
Can see the amount of love & work that's gone into the rod too, very spesh indeedy ...has given me a bit of an idea on my shockie springs, mwahahahaha.

robs

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 1, 2010
This was something of a labour of love. Well actually, they both were. The Stag is one of the very few that still runs its rather unique (and hopeless I should add) Triumph V8. Most have been converted to run the far better Rover V8. The Triumph version was absolutely awful, plagued by massive overheating problems due to the Aluminium Heads distorting. The ONLY cure was to constantly watch for any sign of head ware and to run a minimum of 2 Kenlow Fans!!

I joined the Stag Owner's Club and bought 2 sets of spare heads, so that the car could be running at any occasion. I still shudder whenever I see the Temperature Gauge move anywhere out of the cold section.
The Street Rod ran a beautiful Fully Chromed Jaguar Rear End and had a Vauxhall (Holden I believe in Australia?) Viva Front assembly, which was pretty much THE Kit for us UK Guys at that time. Power came from a 428 Cobra Jet Lump which in turn was then Supercharged.For the last year that I owned the car it also was running Nitro, much to the alarm of the UK Police :lol:
Whilst great fun....... The work involved in keeping everything clean underneath, every rivet being chromed etc was at times sould destroying. I am glad I had it when I did, but I'd never consider doing it again. I am far too immobile these days to spend weekends underneath armed with polish. 8)

aussielass

Oct 18, 2011
Hmm, now you got me confused about the Vauxall being Holden Motors or vice versa - Holden was created by the Aussies 64 years ago, umm I think FX was the first model ever. The only Holden motors I know are the 179 (wouldn't pull the skin off a custard), 186 (was great, especially fully worked with Webers SU's etc, 202 (should never have gone into production), 253 & 308 (the latter 2 being V8's and they were rippers of things with the most beautiful note you've ever heard, well maybe not you, but the average bloke lol).
We had quite a few Vauxall Vivas out here, the young lads used to fly fox tails from those 10' long coloured fibreglass arials that when we were racing were longer than the car lmao. Oh, and I have a few memories in Austin A40's too just quietly.
Ha I cannot imagine cherished Jag back ends on rods, that beggars belief for us. Still see the odd E-Type getting around over here and XJ6's very, very few these days sadly.

robs

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 1, 2010
OK, it could be that I am getting confuddled? I seemed to remember hearing that there was some tie up between Holden and what we know as Vauxhall here in the UK, also known as Opel in the EU. The Viva was an exceptionally nasty machine, but blessed with a wonderful front suspension assembly that just lent itself to doing what us Crazies did best.
Oh Yes!! A Fully Chromed Jag Independant Rear End was THE must have for anything that was going to start putting down anything over 400BHP. At the time this one was built, most other Rear Ends would have failed to cope. :D I admit that I was crossing everything, fingers, toes, arms... well not quite, but you get the picture, the first time we let the Nitro kick start her, visions of a very mangled rear end and a lot of bits back down the road!!

cyndi

Lifer
Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
This is the human part of my crew:

6120382174_e100a17064_z.jpg

Spooks, the resident king of the house:

4387547856_56546c1f8e_z.jpg

Ernesto, El Pussy Gato of DOOOOM!!!! May he RIP:

4787621289_76b19b0cbe_z.jpg

Carbide, the kitten with the personality of a drill bit:

6289694623_7266734498_z.jpg

cyndi

Lifer
Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
Now for the Canine Contingent -
Nola, our Great Dane/GSD:

3784990544_039abc82f2_z.jpg

3784174673_d055b916ba.jpg

Calista, our Collie/GSD:

4224056362_da553c3aa3.jpg

3775493065_cfdfbab5f1.jpg

Abigail, our GSD/Lab mix:

3775503431_c50aed4412.jpg

3784958603_4c922a29e5_z.jpg

Pete and Cami, our matched pair of Diamond Doves:

4008044823_4867db74ac_z.jpg

4169801811_7c53d71c66_z.jpg

aussielass

Oct 18, 2011
Jesus, Mary & Joseph Cyndi, for the love of all things holy, that's a massive collection of people & animals .... you lot must take up a block of flats!
I have NEVER seen anyone with pet doves inside before - are they like parrots, as in climbing all over you and interacting etc? (she says fishing a Beretta button out of her angry, thieving parrot's mouth, bastid thing, I have no buttons on any clothing at all any more ... I look at her and she growls like a dog knowing I'm about to rip open her beak lmfao. Aww, I don't like cats at all but Drill Bit is kinda cute.
Loving all these pics, the guns break my heart & I love the Tonka Tojo.

cyndi

Lifer
Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
lol, aussie - actually, we live in less than 1500 sq ft on a 1/3 acre of land. We like having a full house!
And Diamond doves are great pets. I think they're from your area of the world - they are the size of finches. They ar quiet, clean, and are very domestic. They sing along with music and watch the outside birds through the window. Cami's laid about 40 eggs but so far none of them have been fertile. If you want to see the most annoying thing go to youtube and look up "Diamond dove bow coo" - that's their mating call and it goes on at top volume for about 2 days. I'm sure that yelling DAMMIT PETE STFU! is a major cock-block. ;)

wardrum

Might Stick Around
Sep 23, 2011
This is Bongo our best dog ever. He is getting old now but used to be able to do a lot of awesome tricks. He has 4 or 5 videos on youtube of some of his acrobatics here is a link to my favorite one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEAHge3Xl0E&feature=youtu.be
Edit: I changed the link to display automatically.

Just copy and paste the URL into the Reply box.

Lawrence

PS Bongo is cool :clap:

robs

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 1, 2010
BrianInGarden1stAugust2004067.jpg

"Brian" Sonoma's Show Must Go On. Rather a special person in our lives.

Status
Not open for further replies.