PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

durham270

(Bailey's Briar)
Jan 30, 2013
Kentucky
Danish Pride, Ben Wade style of course. I felt like I was opening a Christmas present early when I unboxed this one.
Danish Pride by Ben Wade, Hand Made In Denmark.
wade1.jpg

wade2.jpg

wade3.jpg

wade5.jpg

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Looks like a Preben Holm made under the Ben Wade name licensed to him by Herman Lane (Lane Ltd.)

to avoid competing with the Preben Holm line of pipes being sold by Snug Harbor. If so, it's about 40 yrs. old!
In any event, nice wood! :clap:
Any collectors out there with an opinion?

docwatson

Lifer
Jul 2, 2009
New England
[quoteLooks like a Preben Holm made under the Ben Wade name licensed to him by Herman Lane (Lane Ltd.) to avoid competing with a line of pipes being sold by Snug Harbor.[/quote]
I'd have to agree with that statement. If that ain't a Preben I don't know what is!!!

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
God, I could look at that all day long! Those pipes offer endless visual and tactile fascination;

and it's sure to be a fine smoker. Nice grab!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
That's a great freehand, with lots of care in the shaping and texturing. Some call this freehand shape a tomahawk.

I have a Johs in that general shape, with a nice curved groove toward the front of the bowl. It's hefty in the hand

and a fine smoker. I love that expanse of rough brim too. It bears out the Danish lineage.

Status
Not open for further replies.