PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
2 questions: is that a entire crate full of Rattrays blends with a entire crate full of Maltese Falcon under it?

What are the Rattrays and how much age on the Falcon if question one is not errant on my part?

I'm going to show some of the pictures here to my wife. My collection is tiny by comparison...(maybe she will understand if I buy more)?

Here's the Rattrays inventory list of tins, I have a pound or two each in bulk of HOW and Old Gowrie. Also got a 10 + year old tin each of those two that is going to get popped here soon.

1608755003084.png

I have 7.5 pounds of Maltese Falcon. Most of it was purchased in 2018 I think. Overbought, I don't need anywhere near that much.

Cotton1

Can't Leave
Nov 3, 2020
South Carolina
Here's the Rattrays inventory list of tins, I have a pound or two each in bulk of HOW and Old Gowrie. Also got a 10 + year old tin each of those two that is going to get popped here soon.

View attachment 56824

I have 7.5 pounds of Maltese Falcon. Most of it was purchased in 2018 I think. Overbought, I don't need anywhere near that much.
That's awesome!

Reactions: Chasing Embers

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
What part of TN? If you're coming from California, we're full, but I hear Alabama is nice.

Kidding, of course.

If you click on the little down arrow by my name, you would see I come from Washington. The same washington that was overrun by californians in the early 90's. For a while there was a billboard on I-5 as you crossed from Portland to Vancouver counting the refugees coming to WA/OR/ID. For a good while it was like 17,000 a day.

You don't know a ca invasion yet. They haven't filled up TX yet. :ROFLMAO:

I am pretty open to where in TN. We are looking for 5-10 acres and a nice house that wasn't renovated by some moonbat with an HGTV subscription within a reasonable driving distance to two teaching jobs.

Ideally I like the Bristol area, but anywhere along a line drawn from Bristol to Chattanooga is our first choice. But the right house would take us elsewhere. I even saw a house in Alabama that was phenomenal.

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
If you click on the little down arrow by my name, you would see I come from Washington. The same washington that was overrun by californians in the early 90's. For a while there was a billboard on I-5 as you crossed from Portland to Vancouver counting the refugees coming to WA/OR/ID. For a good while it was like 17,000 a day.

You don't know a ca invasion yet. They haven't filled up TX yet. :ROFLMAO:

I am pretty open to where in TN. We are looking for 5-10 acres and a nice house that wasn't renovated by some moonbat with an HGTV subscription within a reasonable driving distance to two teaching jobs.

Ideally I like the Bristol area, but anywhere along a line drawn from Bristol to Chattanooga is our first choice. But the right house would take us elsewhere. I even saw a house in Alabama that was phenomenal.

Oh, Austin got filled up and is spilling all over middle Tennessee. They drive cars with California plates, though. I think the males shed spores that cause mixed use developments to spring up in their wake. And the females are just a hoot at the taverns and music venues and boutique pet stores.

Bristol is nice, a lot of great towns in East TN, even into southwestern Virginia. Chattanooga is a wonderful city to live conveniently outside of. House/land prices are going haywire over most of the state - the more remote, the more affordable (and often pretty). Depends on if you're town folk or county folk (or town & country folk), but since you mention a little acreage, I'd wager you're country folk.

We're a month out on closing on a 5 acre micro mini farm. I'm a transplant myself from Michigan, 15 years in, but TN is a great place to be and raise a family. For each area you just have to know the local climate and how remote it is for what you need.

• Haha
Reactions: wyfbane and bent1

shermnatman

Lifer
Jan 25, 2019
Philadelphia Suburbs, Pennsylvania
Here's what is wonderful, sad, and amazing, all at the same time:

Nearly every of one of our fellow 'Brothers of the Pipe' is better stocked in terms of breadth, depth, volume, brand, variety of product, and specific blend of tabaks then any 'Tobacco Shop' I have ever walked into.

That thought leaves me feeling happy for my pals, sad for myself that I cannot walk into a shop with such abundance, and, amazed at what the rest of "The Non-Pipe-Smoking World-of-the-Profane-Ones" are missing out on. - Sherm Natman

Reactions: Spa32 and boston

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
Here's what is wonderful, sad, and amazing, all at the same time:

Nearly every of one of our fellow 'Brothers of the Pipe' is better stocked in terms of breadth, depth, volume, brand, variety of product, and specific blend of tabaks then any 'Tobacco Shop' I have ever walked into.

That thought leaves me feeling happy for my pals, sad for myself that I cannot walk into a shop with such abundance, and, amazed at what the rest of "The Non-Pipe-Smoking World-of-the-Profane-Ones" are missing out on. - Sherm Natman
More for us

• Haha
Reactions: shermnatman

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
So, as I understand it, Hoosier's in Florida pal'in around with Cigrmaster, and he's got this great big stash back in Indiana.......................... I think Philobeddoe is close............. I wonder how good his security system is?................ ?
Lucky I've got my wife. She'd beat someone senseless thinking they were after her cellar.?

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
So, as I understand it, Hoosier's in Florida pal'in around with Cigrmaster, and he's got this great big stash back in Indiana.......................... I think Philobeddoe is close............. I wonder how good his security system is?................ ?

Heat and motion sensors along with lasers wired to Claymore mines.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
That's why I was going to send Philobeddoe............. ?

I know.............. you DON'T F%*K with the HOOOZE!!..........

Man, I envy you down there in a warmer clime.......... Ohio Winters aren't as much fun as they were when I was younger............. :confused:

If you decide to come South for a vacation this winter, look me up. I'll fill your pipe and bourbon glass as many times as you wish.

Reactions: beefeater33

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
If you decide to come South for a vacation this winter, look me up. I'll fill your pipe and bourbon glass as many times as you wish.
Thanks for the invite....... I'd love to. ?
I've had a Hawaii trip planned with my brother, been cancelled twice now due to Covid....... we're still trying to get there to see his daughter.
I love Florida........... I was in Sanibel my last trip, ........ enjoyed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.