Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
This thread was inspired by Ranger saying ...
Even on the forums, every time a pipe is shown it looks as though the thing is never smoked?
That was from this thread, Why so anal over your pipe?
I'll go first.
Dunhill Root Briar 130 F/T
After Restoration 1-year ago (July 2010)
dunhill-root-briar-130ft-003-600x383.jpg

Dunhill Rubybark (4110) (2007)
New in March 2009
dunhill-rubybark-4110-20.jpg

Both pipes rims today, July 7, 2011
charred-rim-dunhills.jpg

shimrra

Might Stick Around
Jun 21, 2011
soo, but when i'm bored inside and have my pipe in front of me, i see that and clean off as much as i can...

smoker

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 25, 2011
is it because it's clean hahaha, other than that i assume the bowl is meant to be at that angle. The only other thing is the stem as a few others have mentioned.

ranger

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 2, 2011
Ha ha...so cool Kevin, your post made me smile.
I have to get a camera now and start taking pictures.....I do clean my pipe, just not anal about it.
In the Rangers everything had to be spit shined and polished so well that things never looked used, I think I am just rebelling against that time in my life....clean yes, spotless to look like new at all times ... no.
Thanks Kevin.

ranger

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 2, 2011
Now that to me is purely beautiful Cyndi...nice color ash in the bottom also, you go girl.

cyndi

Lifer
Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
It's every bit of a good smoke as my Savinelli and it really loves having Va/Per blends in it. When I first got it I thought it was cute but didn't think I'd actually enjoy it. I've got some Classic Burley Kake in it right now. :D

ranger

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 2, 2011
I know what you mean about the so called cheap pipes....I have some pipes that I could buy a nice little car with, and I never, well hardly ever smoke them.....my favorite pipe is a cheap little Kaywoodie that I smoke day and night, I smoke several bowls a day in it, and sometimes I wont run a cleaner through it for a few days, and I have absolutely no problem smoking it.
Thanks again for that info. before I appreciate it.
Ranger6 Peace out.

rick777

Lurker
Jun 16, 2011
All my smokers have soot/carbon on the rim. Just like a chimney top.
hmmm, am I wrong or do I spy a crack or repaired shank. On the top photo it looks like a curved dark line just above and crossing towards the "130".

cyndi

Lifer
Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
No problem about the info. :) I've been doing this kind of security work since 2000 and since I've been a stay at home mom, I've been missing it. Any chance I get to help out is always a pleasure!

ranger

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 2, 2011
"But, I don't think a picture of my "charred rim" would be appropriate".
No Lawrence, I certainly don't want to see that charred rim... 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.