Drucquers Banner

sisyphus

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 11, 2019
uR0L2xa.png

vates

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 16, 2019
My first Savinelli is on its way. I was originally in for Tundra series pipe (either 122 or 320) but accidentally saw this (unsmoked!) Moka 122 and just couldn't resist.
1581607280294.png
There's not much info about Moka series. I know it was discontinued at least 15 years ago. Also, some posts on this Forum claim that the stem is actually vulcanite cumberland.

Does anyone know a bit more about these pipes? Thanks!

lightmybriar

Lifer
Mar 11, 2014
My first Savinelli is on its way. I was originally in for Tundra series pipe (either 122 or 320) but accidentally saw this (unsmoked!) Moka 122 and just couldn't resist.
View attachment 19251
There's not much info about Moka series. I know it was discontinued at least 15 years ago. Also, some posts on this Forum claim that the stem is actually vulcanite cumberland.

Does anyone know a bit more about these pipes? Thanks!
I’ve seen quite a few older Savinellis with real vulcanite brindle stems. They’re easy to spot once you know the difference. That one looks like vulcanite! Much better looking than the acrylic, in my opinion.

vates

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 16, 2019
I’ve seen quite a few older Savinellis with real vulcanite brindle stems. They’re easy to spot once you know the difference. That one looks like vulcanite! Much better looking than the acrylic, in my opinion.

Thanks! Frankly, I have no idea how to spot the difference. When I hit the buy button I thought it's acrylic :)