PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

RexHiemis

Lurker
Mar 17, 2024
Istanbul, Turkey
Here are my three -and only- Savinellis. I might try one of the new dry systems.

Bing's Favorite (Smooth)

ce16ed34-1e69-4d00-b949-1c32fa1360b5.jpg

Caramella 611R. I exclusively use this one to smoke Stanwell Melange, one of my favorites.
2780c70d-2065-4c55-8c0b-fbe319f577a4.jpg

Last but not least, my favourite Savinelli, Lancelot/Lancillotto L- 320KS. I bought it solely because of its story and the way it was named after Sir Lancelot of the Lake from Arthurian legends. With my deep fascination -perhaps even fixation- on all things Medieval, I knew instantly that I had to own it as soon as I read the description.

9ac13a0b-5767-45b2-b021-6cb92e1f9380.jpg

Choatecav

Can't Leave
Dec 19, 2023
Middle Tennessee
Here are my three -and only- Savinellis. I might try one of the new dry systems.

Bing's Favorite (Smooth)

View attachment 335753

Caramella 611R. I exclusively use this one to smoke Stanwell Melange, one of my favorites.
View attachment 335754

Last but not least, my favourite Savinelli, Lancelot/Lancillotto L- 320KS. I bought it solely because of its story and the way it was named after Sir Lancelot of the Lake from Arthurian legends. With my deep fascination -perhaps even fixation- on all things Medieval, I knew instantly that I had to own it as soon as I read the description.

View attachment 335755
Love the Lancelot 320. It's a beauty.

Kingsley

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 16, 2020
MI
IMG_9771.jpeg
A bit commonplace, but a new Bing’s Favourite. Its rustication caught me, I love a good bit of dark, rich contrast, sort of like the Impero line rustication, but brown. I know folks often say they prefer a “Bing”-style pipe to be as close to the original design as possible, but to help do away with any worries on the matter for anyone on the fence, this thing is sleek as hell, and this one is so light at only 33g to boot!
I think it may be my first billiard too, albeit a longer one. Some Capstan Blue RR or a coin of some newer Luxury Bullseye Flake will hopefully find itself tucked inside soon.

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
My first non-junker pipe was a Mattone, a 601. I always loved the feel of the stummel's matte finish, but the 601 shape fell out of favor with me and I traded it away some years ago. Also, on a related note, I lost a Tortuga 614 earlier this year to a nasty fall, and to fix the broken stem was price prohibitive. I loved the shape though, and I kept the thought of it in the back of my mind.

Imagine my surprise when an estate Mattone 614 showed up on SP! And not long after seeing @Douglas post his on here, who I completely blame for this purchase... :ROFLMAO:

mattone.jpg

First bowl was Mac Baren Navy Flake, and am currently drying some Peterson Flake for my 2nd go. Sticking with non-aromatics without latakia until I figure out what to smoke in here permanently. Which could take a while.

Very happy with this one so far! Smokes great, and real easy for me to clench when I have to.

Douglas

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 1, 2023
Georgia, USA
My first non-junker pipe was a Mattone, a 601. I always loved the feel of the stummel's matte finish, but the 601 shape fell out of favor with me and I traded it away some years ago. Also, on a related note, I lost a Tortuga 614 earlier this year to a nasty fall, and to fix the broken stem was price prohibitive. I loved the shape though, and I kept the thought of it in the back of my mind.

Imagine my surprise when an estate Mattone 614 showed up on SP! And not long after seeing @Douglas post his on here, who I completely blame for this purchase... :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 338017

First bowl was Mac Baren Navy Flake, and am currently drying some Peterson Flake for my 2nd go. Sticking with non-aromatics without latakia until I figure out what to smoke in here permanently. Which could take a while.

Very happy with this one so far! Smokes great, and real easy for me to clench when I have to.
I fully accept the blame!