Liking this one especially:
Clear Gold
pxl_20220523_213123349-portrait-jpg.149772
??

mtwaller

Lifer
Nov 21, 2018
Atlanta, GA
I just picked up this Radice Clear OP (Occhio di Pernice) diamond shanked billiard but I'm a little torn about it. It's unsmoked (I'm pretty sure) and has some lovely birdseye, but at 64g it's my heaviest straight by 15g. The auction description had no dimensions and I took a chance but this might just be too heavy for me.
View attachment 151966View attachment 151967View attachment 151968View attachment 151969View attachment 151970
Yowza. That thing is a stunner. The diamond shank with the gently bent stem is a combination I haven’t seen before.

mav

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 14, 2021
Chicago
My first Radice just arrived and I am so pleased with it! Drilling is perfect, weight and size are just right for me. It's a simple Hawkbill rind but it's just what I like. The gold spots are not perfectly placed but I even like that because it reminds me that this pipe was made by hand!

Radice.jpg

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
I just picked up this Radice Clear OP (Occhio di Pernice) diamond shanked billiard but I'm a little torn about it. It's unsmoked (I'm pretty sure) and has some lovely birdseye, but at 64g it's my heaviest straight by 15g. The auction description had no dimensions and I took a chance but this might just be too heavy for me.
View attachment 151966View attachment 151967View attachment 151968View attachment 151969View attachment 151970
Definitely get rid of it (by giving it to me!).

Maybe try smoking it both clenching and not and seeing how you like it. That way you'll know for sure if you can live with it or not.

vates

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 16, 2019
Beautiful pipes, gentlemen!

I'm considering getting a Radice. There are some problems though.
I understand they don't have model numbers/names and shapes are a bit of a random thing.
So googling is rather complicated.
Two pipes of the perfect (for me) shape and size are currently listed on Al Pascia site.
The trim is not to my liking so I'd probably wait.
But can't find such exact shape on any other site that sells Radice.

Is it possible that they make a certain shape only for a particular store?

vates

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 16, 2019
Beautiful pipes, gentlemen!

I'm considering getting a Radice. There are some problems though.
I understand they don't have model numbers/names and shapes are a bit of a random thing.
So googling is rather complicated.
Two pipes of the perfect (for me) shape and size are currently listed on Al Pascia site.
The trim is not to my liking so I'd probably wait.
But can't find such exact shape on any other site that sells Radice.

Is it possible that they make a certain shape only for a particular store?

Wrong thread probably...

ChonkyTonks

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 14, 2022
Philly
My first Radice just arrived and I am so pleased with it! Drilling is perfect, weight and size are just right for me. It's a simple Hawkbill rind but it's just what I like. The gold spots are not perfectly placed but I even like that because it reminds me that this pipe was made by hand!

View attachment 154522
We are pipe twins. Mine has the same offset with the gold spots. Wait, did you happen to sell this on ebay perchance?

Radice-Hawkbill.jpg

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
I picked up the Radice last month, forgot to make a post here for it.

sparker69

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 25, 2022
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
I bought this Radice Rind 1044 on Luigi’s birthday;

I bought a Radice Rind there as well - but I went to the store when I was in Milan.

• Love
Reactions: PipeIT