PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Winnipeger

Lifer
Sep 9, 2022
Winnipeg
You get what I mean. I don't know what else to use to describe it haha.
Yeah. The slots are smooth and comfortable. No sharp edges. Everything is carefully shaped by hand. The army mounts in particular are some of the most comfortable stems I've had on any pipe. Period. Though there is a degree of variation between them, because they're made by a team as I understand it. One thing about Musicos is each one is a unique piece. They aren't comparable to factory pipes like Savinelli.

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
Got a new Set Special today..
Nice cross grain and a thicc machined chunk of silver. Red brindle stem is on the dark side, so doesn't pick up well in photos.
View attachment 272423View attachment 272424
Wow that looks slightly chonky because of its length. Which wouldn't be notable for other carvers but that’s saying something for Musico but it hasn't lost any of that Musico elegance.

Reactions: bluegrassbrian

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
Wow that looks slightly chonky because of its length. Which wouldn't be notable for other carvers but that’s saying something for Musico but it hasn't lost any of that Musico elegance.
Good eye - it's definitely slightly chonkier than many of their straight billiard varietals. Weighing in at a svelte 40(!) grams.
A bit over my preferred limit of 32g, but I'm becoming more liberal in my old age.