PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Twasson81

Lurker
Aug 22, 2022
There are numerous threads on morta pipes, but I was surprised to find none dedicated to showing off your mortas. So here are mine to start this thread

A few Morettis. Marco's mortas are well-made and very fairly priced. A good starting point for anyone looking at morta pipes

View attachment 112969View attachment 112970View attachment 112971View attachment 112972
How do Moretti's smoke? I don't see much discussion about them. The mortas are exquisite, but do they smoke well?

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
How do Moretti's smoke? I don't see much discussion about them. The mortas are exquisite, but do they smoke well?
@Twasson81

I'm very happy with my Moretti mortas.
They are well made - drilling is spot-on, and light weight.
They are very well priced.
I fully recommend them as a "starter" morta pipe.

The lighter coloured ones may be made of softer/younger morta.
The only morta which had a couple of burn spots was a light coloured Moretti.
Easily fixed with some pipe mud

I have several mortas by other makers, but I don't see much difference in their smokeability, despite a few costing quite a lot more than the Morettis.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Thanks for reminding me. I feel that itch coming on for a new pipe. Now if there is a morta I like available at the time..... Seriously I almost always like the mortas I see but a lot of them aren't my style. Kind of the same way I can see a dress and go that's a really great dress, yeah I ain't wearing though.

brooklynpiper

Part of the Furniture Now
May 8, 2018
ralPyuO.jpg

a Moretti I had commissioned, Cumberland stem, 9mm drilling