PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Gus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
Since this thread my opinion of his pipes has gone up by 100%. Sorry to lose him. I imagine he left over money? If so why didn't he make it when others can?
I think the real reason is that Paul has completed his studies in Physiotherapy and his future wants to dedicate it to his profession and he will not be able to combine both things, other things in life are important, not only work, family, friends, etc....

In my opinion his future as a pipe artisan would be brilliant, but he has decided another way, which is very respectable.

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
I think the real reason is that Paul has completed his studies in Physiotherapy and his future wants to dedicate it to his profession and he will not be able to combine both things, other things in life are important, not only work, family, friends, etc....

In my opinion his future as a pipe artisan would be brilliant, but he has decided another way, which is very respectable.
This...and PayPal made things too difficult.

Gus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
I don't know exactly, but he has some problem with his Paypal account that constantly blocks him from receiving money, I don't know why it happens to him. Recently it happened to me with him, I had to send to another account that he indicated to me because Paypal had blocked him again to receive money.

Reactions: hoosierpipeguy

Gus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
I got these two Larryson's today.

Paul has told me that they are the last Larryson that have been sold and that there will be no more, he has already sold almost all the machinery and there is no turning back... a pity, a great craftsman who stops making magnificent pipes, we can only wish him the best in his new profession and all the luck in the world.

these are the last two Larryson's sold by Paul

IMG_20210429_122601.jpg

IMG_20210429_122629.jpg

IMG_20210429_122500.jpg

IMG_20210429_122531.jpg

finally, I was not too late and was able to get three of your magnificent pipes, I hope to enjoy them for many years to come.

Dec 10, 2013
Nijmegen, the Netherlands
This is my sole unsmoked one :

Larrysson sandblasted apple 01.jpg

The photo is from his website , will post a better quality one soon.
It was the second-last pipe he sold and I now wish I'd known earlier ; it all happened so fast.
What an immense loss, wonder about his son Isaac who is so talented too !
Paul and I discussed this pipe. It is finished in a yew stain and the stem is in ebonite brindle.
The make is immaculate; the drilling spot on and no matter how you turn the stem, the fit is always perfect.
Notice the very thin slice of briar he finished the shank with, it is an attachment and so exact.
He was so kind to add two pipe pouches to house my estates in. They are vegan and just splendid.
I,m currently refurbishing and
when finished I'll post them including the pictures he sent me that show them when still unsmoked. Also the story of their provenance Paul so kindly shared with me. A true gentleman :(

Last edited: