PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Good write up today on SP:

I just noticed this, this morning in my SPC newsletter...

Funny, having a discussion on Genod and this shows up.

France remains the progenitor of the briar pipe. Specifically, Saint-Claude, France, is the cradle of briar pipe making.

I seriously believe as pipe smokers, one day, we all need to make a trek to Saint-Claude, it is certainly on my todo.

P.S. He says; A pipe is something that you use; it's not something that you put down just to collect dust.

LOL I think we have a lot of tobacco and pipe dust collectors around here. 😝

Last edited:

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
I just got this Genod with a briar stem, and while it's a beautiful pipe, I'm having trouble getting used to the feel of the stem in my mouth. It seems to suck all the moisture from my mouth. It's a problem that will take some work figuring out. Otherwise it's a wonderfully made pipe, and I look forward to smoking it some more.

View attachment 298767
Well just to put everyones mind at ease, my gonads are still ok if a little aged. My Genod is doing much better though. I solved the unpleasant mouth feel by giving the briar stem 3 coats of satin polyurethane and let it cure for about a week. Now it feels like how a new vulcanite stem would feel. Probably not going to do much clenching though, but very much improved and enjoyable to smoke now.