Show Us Your Chubby (Stout / Chunky / Thick) Pipes!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars
New Accessories
18 Fresh Estate Pipes
18 Fresh Rossi Pipes
12 Fresh Dunhill Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Winnipeger

Lifer
Sep 9, 2022
Winnipeg
Hows the bit on those things? Ive found some of the horn stem ropp bits a little small/skinny.
That's funny. I find it a little too chunky. I actually just sold another horn-stemmed Ropp because I just prefer a flat Vulcanite bit, but this Stout Pot is so well broken in at this point I couldn't part with it. By small/skinny I assume you mean narrow, which is true. The taper on the stem is a little too steep for my liking. The button is flat and doesn't bother me. Bottom line, I don't find it to be a great clencher. YMMV as always.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
That's funny. I find it a little too chunky. I actually just sold another horn-stemmed Ropp because I just prefer a flat Vulcanite bit, but this Stout Pot is so well broken in at this point I couldn't part with it. By small/skinny I assume you mean narrow, which is true. The taper on the stem is a little too steep for my liking. The button is flat and doesn't bother me. Bottom line, I don't find it to be a great clencher. YMMV as always.
Yeah, narrow is the word I was looking for. The button itself I didnā€™t take issue with, just wish the width of the stem at the bit was more like a fishtail.