Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
  • Love
Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

mav

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 14, 2021
Chicago
I don't know if I can afford that, I could only swing the $200 to $250 range. "Unfortunately", I was able to pick up a Chris Askwith for next to nothing and now I'm hooked on artisan hand mades. Even the one Dunhill I have seems boring in comparison. Like most guys here, my tastes are bigger than my budget!

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I don't know if I can afford that, I could only swing the $200 to $250 range. "Unfortunately", I was able to pick up a Chris Askwith for next to nothing and now I'm hooked on artisan hand mades. Even the one Dunhill I have seems boring in comparison. Like most guys here, my tastes are bigger than my budget!
Frankly, I found Jack's prices extremely reasonable, especially when compared to other fine carvers. If he stuck a Danish name on what he does some idiot would pay 5 times the amount.
Save your sheckels until you're in a position to afford something that you want. Better to have few, better, pipes than lot's of "I wish they were different" pipes.

Also, at this point in time I'd recommend focusing on picking up tobaccos while you still can do so easily on line. One never knows when the blade will fall on on line tobacco sales, or international sales. Pipes you can always buy, and given what's happening in the financial sector, it would not surprise me to see a bunch of high end stuff hitting eBay in the next year.

mav

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 14, 2021
Chicago
That is great advice on both points. I'll just enjoy the pipes I have until the right opportunity comes along. I'd be happy with a handful of pipes I really enjoy instead of a whole collection of "I wish they were different" pipes.

I was just reading a post from you from 2018 with the same idea about tobacco, invest in tobacco while we can easily do it. That makes sense. Thanks

Reactions: dunnyboy

LotusEater

Lifer
Apr 16, 2021
Kansas City Missouri
Reactions: MarcosEZLN