Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Your pipe has a lot of style and refinement, the nuanced color bands and the unique shaping, and the colored stem. Some of his pipes are so unusual, I'd feel self-conscious smoking them, even alone. But that one is a prize. However, I often go to see what he's done lately.

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
To be honest I find his pipes to be hideous as smoking instruments but as art works they are really quite interesting and stunning in their originality and form.

Can’t see myself ever owning or smoking one, but I’d probably pay to see a show at an art gallery featuring his pipes. Obviously a very talented artist with an instantly recognizable style.

Congratulations on your new acquisition!

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Congrats on the pipe! This is a Mummert Shape that I like. The execution looks great.

Mummert does interesting stuff and I appreciate the creativity even if when I'm not always attracted by the result. At least the guy is thinking about pipes beyond the basics and he takes chances.

If the internals are good then so much the better. Otherwise these are great witty sculptural shelf sitters.

tobefrank

Lifer
Jun 22, 2015
Australia
As with clothes, I don't want a pipe that I feel I should somehow "live up to." I lean toward understatement, so it doesn't out-shout my personality -- assuming I have one.
I'm very much the same. I have bought clothes in the past that I liked the look of but then never wore because it just wasn't me. I like things that are a bit unusual, but not in a loud and out there kind of way.

This pipe is both bold in its shape and restrained in its execution, which is why it spoke to me. Anything else out of Mummert's work is way too far outside of my comfort zone.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
That dudes pipes are off the frickin wall. That said, he is clearly gifted with sandblasts. I’ve seen a few of his almost normal shapes that tempted me, but they are so few and far between in his lineup and priced so highly I have never pulled the trigger.

His wonky ass green pickle barrels, boxy clear steamrollers, and pipes shaped like some hotel in Dubai, I can live without. But to each their own.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
That dudes pipes are off the frickin wall. That said, he is clearly gifted with sandblasts. I’ve seen a few of his almost normal shapes that tempted me, but they are so few and far between in his lineup and priced so highly I have never pulled the trigger.

His wonky ass green pickle barrels, boxy clear steamrollers, and pipes shaped like some hotel in Dubai, I can live without. But to each their own.
I was at Bruce's one time when Werner was there. Bruce made us lunch on the grill and the two of them proceeded to start throwing ideas about a pipe collaboration. It was like watching two little boys with a new toy. They went to Bruce's shop and turned out a straight sandblasted billiard.........with googly eyes and a matching cyclops tamper. rotf

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
I was at Bruce's one time when Werner was there. Bruce made us lunch on the grill and the two of them proceeded to start throwing ideas about a pipe collaboration. It was like watching two little boys with a new toy. They went to Bruce's shop and turned out a straight sandblasted billiard.........with googly eyes and a matching cyclops tamper. rotf
Haha sounds about right out of those two!