PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
I watched numbers one and two on ebay. Great purchases of two fairly rare Sven Knudsen shapes. The later Bent Bulldog's condition looks to be excellent!

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
To me most Danish shaping looks different but not necessarily good. But shape 41 seems both. The bowl is especially dramatic, anchoring in the bulge below the horizontal line of stem, shank and bowl driving the flair, augmented by the inward taper.

I can't take my eyes off the movement that I see in this shape.

Reactions: klause

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
I have been eyeing this particular pipe for probably a year or more. It's a Grade 2 straight grain possible Teddy Knudsen. I received the funds from selling my old house so I finally pulled the trigger. Now it's a matter of waiting on international shipping and customs...

DSC_6250-700x700.jpg

DSC_6251-700x700.jpg

DSC_6253-700x700.jpg

DSC_6255-700x700.jpg

DSC_6256-700x700.jpg

HouseofMalice

Lurker
Mar 31, 2021
I'm new to pipe collecting and just got this beauty off ebay. seller believed it to be a WO Larsen from the shape and craftsmanship, but the only marking is a single 'O'. any ideas?s-l1600 (1).jpgmarking.jpg

Reactions: lelik

HouseofMalice

Lurker
Mar 31, 2021
Are there any other markings?
the 'O' is the only marking.

the person I purchased it from said 'It was probably made by one of the Great Danes who carved for W.O. Larsen. It dawned on me that the "0" stamp appears to be the same one Larsen used. Curious! The style reminds me of Sven Knudsen. Possibly Soren Refbjerg. Could even be Peter Hedegaard but the rustication looks like Brakner! Hard to pinpoint. May even be a collaborative pipe that was carved by one and finished by another.'

I bought it because I liked it, but the mystery around it is growing.

mau1

Lifer
Jan 5, 2018
Ontario, Canada
the 'O' is the only marking.

the person I purchased it from said 'It was probably made by one of the Great Danes who carved for W.O. Larsen. It dawned on me that the "0" stamp appears to be the same one Larsen used. Curious! The style reminds me of Sven Knudsen. Possibly Soren Refbjerg. Could even be Peter Hedegaard but the rustication looks like Brakner! Hard to pinpoint. May even be a collaborative pipe that was carved by one and finished by another.'

I bought it because I liked it, but the mystery around it is growing.

The O on a W.O. Larsen stamp has a bar through it. Yours doesn't. Maybe it's a grade number? And the rustication, although similar to Brakner, isn't the same in my opinion. I have a number of Brakner's and I checked them closely against your pic.

Reactions: kcghost