Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
Phred: I'd love to know how that one smokes. Let us know when you finally light it.
Finally caught a break in the weather and went out for a quick bowl last Saturday. Since I'm taking this one with me to smoke on the cruise, I'll probably be using it for aromatics - so I grabbed my remaining sample of "Creme Brulee" and filled up the bowl, using the swirl method (as my index fingers won't even go into the bowl on this one - it's tiny!).
Probably should have set the tobacco out to dry, but I was pressed for time as the sun was going down. It seems this one will be a decent smoker once I get the dryness/packing sorted out a little better, but it did take me several relights to get into a rhythm, and then a few more to get to the bottom of the bowl. I'll have to try with something a little drier next and see what happens.
And yes, that whale is a gorgeous piece!

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
Awesome pipes guys! Glad to see this thread get some action :) Richard as usual a stunning pipe from your collection!

Phred the blowfish is way smaller than I thought it would be but an awesome pipe. I am a definite fan of smaller pipes.

Jan 8, 2013
I'm definitely interested in hearing how the blowfish turns out as well, I have been looking at those for a few weeks now.

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
Posting this for cosmicfolklore, who wanted to know what the Tsuge Blowfish looks like clenched:
b4396ecf-91e6-48ee-aa88-acac8c858f13_zps5f5dc7dd.jpg

Smoked this one a couple of times at lunch, and so far nobody's sent me HR yet... :D

ithelouniverse

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2013
West Texas
Phred: I'm now mad at you. My wife's gonna kill me! After seeing your pipe I NEED one. Not even a want! A need! I'm gonna need a place to crash. Have anne kake, will travel.

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
Glad I could contribute to other people's PAD cravings. I'll have to get a shot with the Blowfish next time I do a Steampunk event - it works quite nicely with the aesthetic... :D

edgreen

Lifer
Aug 28, 2013
Here are my three. The camellia was a birthday gift from the wife and I have to say I was happily surprised. It smokes gloriously and the bit feels perfect, nice and chewy. All three smoke gloriously but I really love the camellia.

20140506_1611041-1.jpg

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
The bent billiard I've had for awhile and enjoy it very much. The kiseru inspired one (Ichirin) is new. It's small but still fun for a fifteen minute smoke....if you puff very slowly =)
Tsugepipesupine_zps3e2149da.jpg

tsuge_zps4lfsbzsd.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.