PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockymtnsmoker

Can't Leave
May 31, 2013
Picked up exactly the same tool as Al 's above as part of an estate lot and use it all the time. Funny that.

Briar Boy

(astrange1)
Apr 8, 2013
Here's one I made myself, contrast briar core with a titanium skin...

pxmy.jpg
j8kp.jpg

I am a jeweler who also makes custom eyeframes in silver and gold for clients, as well as various other precious metal objects for those passionate about handmade. So, when I got into pipes, I did contemplate making a silver pipe, LOL. But, I decided instead on making some tamps. I am also working on a couple of silver lighters.

Back when my father had his store, it wasn't uncommon for the local jeweler to make these men's accessories. So, I just picked up the torch (so to speak)...
This one is sterling silver with two small rubies. I also have made a couple using some bright blue sapphires.
pipe-tamp.jpg

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
This is my treasured Ebony tamper that Lawrence made for me 2 years ago. It is a real pleasure to hold and fondle while smoking, just melts in your hand.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
I am having technical issues uploading new pictures, so here is an older picture of my tampers. This display is now full of tampers I have received from other guys from PM. These are keepers!
FYI, this week I registered to be part of the 2014 Chicago Pipe Show, selling the tampers I make. I am actually getting a table at the real show and not just the pre-show. Time to go out to the shop and start turning.
Winton

mirain

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 5, 2011
+1 cosmicfolklore

Beautiful design and craftsmanship. Thanks for sharing.

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
This one is sterling silver with two small rubies. I also have made a couple using some bright blue sapphires
Cosmic
I missed this thread earlier.
That is a beautiful piece of craftsmanship. Did you use a lathe to produce any part of it?
I'm tempted to make one myself.

mtnfolkmike

Might Stick Around
Oct 27, 2013
Great stuff guys..
Here's one a friend recently made for me.. I beleive it's made from cocobollo..

Status
Not open for further replies.