PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Seeleybc1

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 29, 2022
Palmer AK
I’ve been doing the break in both ways lately with Petersons, and long story short, I agree. I think the current coating is pretty harmless, neutral, and unnoticeable.
On the flip side, I enjoy the process of the start from bare briar, where you can really see it happening, and sort of taste it that first bowl. Seems to make me go quite slow, which is a good thing.

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
I should clarify...not a fan of the smooth ebony finish.

I've been a fan overall of the Nording Hunter series and have a few and maybe will get some of the older versions someday, and was awaiting this year's offering since I found last year's poker underwhelming.

They came up with this which to me is just awful but to someone else maybe the prettiest pipe ever! Image.jpeg

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
I've been a fan overall of the Nording Hunter series and have a few and maybe will get some of the older versions someday, and was awaiting this year's offering since I found last year's poker underwhelming.

They came up with this which to me is just awful but to someone else maybe the prettiest pipe ever! View attachment 269163

That looks like the result of a monkey humping a football.

Seeleybc1

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 29, 2022
Palmer AK
Regarding the nording hunting pipes, I love what the series represents, but agree the different years can be hit or miss. Overall pretty cool though.

I didn’t catch the Peterson ebony 125th release on SP.com, so maybe I missed if there were any…as I was fully prepared to continue my atrocious pipe spending spree if an 11s were available…but didn’t have to, maybe for the best lol.

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Aba
Regarding the nording hunting pipes, I love what the series represents, but agree the different years can be hit or miss. Overall pretty cool though.

I didn’t catch the Peterson ebony 125th release on SP.com, so maybe I missed if there were any…as I was fully prepared to continue my atrocious pipe spending spree if an 11s were available…but didn’t have to, maybe for the best lol

Available on SP EU as of the wee hours of this morning.

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
Anyone snag this Irish Second today?

https://www.smokingpipes.eu/images/Newsletter/23-12-12/002-273-6885.jpg

Seeleybc1

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 29, 2022
Palmer AK
Aba

Available on SP EU as of the wee hours of this morning.
Of course I had to look after seeing this, but didn’t see it. B42 looked kinda cool, I don’t have that shape but have been tempted. Thought it looked good with the clean lines and stark contrast of the ebony.
No more pipes for me for a spell though, I’ve done piped myself out lol