PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Frog Snacks

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 8, 2023
Here are my cheap small meer claws, They are small, maybe 20 minute smokers and I'm not kidding when I say they were cheap, I paid 20$ each for them. I do really like them for what they are and I always tell myself I'm going to get a bigger lattice billiard meerschaum but I never get around to it.

Attachments

• 20230915_184223[1].jpg
    20230915_184223[1].jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 6

Frog Snacks

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 8, 2023
Here is the dragon claw meerschaum with a lattice egg I referenced earlier. The inside of the egg is meerschaum (based on the wet finger test). I'm doubtful the outside is meerschaum.

For $20, I'm not complaining. I just wanted a test subject before getting a nicer one. While I still haven't tested it, I picked up an antique cutty that I may post about later.

View attachment 191538
Looks real to me, mine were cheap too. You'll know when it starts to color, the foot should color first, You'll know when it does.

Reactions: The Amish Tyrant

Frog Snacks

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 8, 2023
These are not Meerschaum, but, they sort of fit this thread—they’re miniature Gutta-percha Egg and Claw pipes from Colossus Pipe Factory (top), and KB&B (bottom) from the early 20th Century, circa 1919—these companies, owned by Kaufmann Brothers and Bondy, would eventually morph into Kaywoodie. Quarter shown for scale.

View attachment 185384
The former pothead in my would have loved these little guys.