PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I moved two of my GBD's to clear some rack room (the 9456 Tapestry and the 2006 Seventy-Six) and then this 1345 Tankard showed up. It was a gift from a pipe buddy in England (he rec'd some Boswells Northwoods). This one is a New Era pipe, a GBD finish that I didnt own. I'll break it in tomorrow.

rmason

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 27, 2013
Here's my first real pipe my GBD Ebony I love this pipe to death, it's my favorite pipe I own.
GBD_zps3383ab37.jpg
[/url][/img]

~Ron

maxpeters

Can't Leave
Jan 4, 2010
I have only 3 at present. I have a GBD Pedigree, a GBD Virgin and a GBD Prehistoric. I can't find the Prehistoric, but here are some pictures of the other two.
GBD Pedigree

GBD Virgin

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Maxpeters: Wow, those are lovely! Pedigrees are beautiful finishes. That Virgin bulldog is also prtty amazing, one doesn't often see nice grain on a GBD.
I haven't updated this thread for a while. In the past year or so, I've added:
My Holy Grail, a 9242 New Standard.

My first Orginale and only French made GBD.

A 28D Virgin, my only GBD with the "Hand Cut" stamp on the stem.

Two more 9438's.
Flame Grain (the only GBD I've seen with this stamp).

New Century

Virgin 549, this was unsmoked (bowl top now has now darkened beautifully).

maxpeters

Can't Leave
Jan 4, 2010
Thanks SSJones. When I bought the Pedigree it was unsmoked. That didn't last long. And the Virgin surprised me with the grain that it had.

I've never seen a flame grain before. Beautiful!

K

klause

I'm a very lucky fella!
This arrived yesterday:GBD XTRA
Its definitely from the 1910's-30's - given shape of shield on silver marks - unfortunately the actual marks are worn, so impossible to give exact date.
Previous owner loved this, and smoked the b'jesus out of it (obviously had NO idea what a pipe cleaner was), but generally took care of it - as its in overall excellent condition. just needs cleaning.
Oh! and it has the beautiful round draft hole in the stem. I love these - they give a beautiful stream of smoke.
Looking forward to using this pipe - it really has presence.
If anyone knows anything about these i'd appreciate any info - i've done the usual searches. Specifically, is the AO on the band for Alfred Oppenheimer, or the silver smiths initials (there is a london maker who used these initials)?

edwinbaz

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 26, 2014
Houston
I have a GBD Granitan 269* (*I think) which I just finished deoxidizing last week. It smokes great. And I also have a Digby 357 which I still haven't had the chance to smoke. Both are estates.

GBDGranitanBulldog_zps3c0b922b.jpg

DigbyPrince_zpsab8105e7.jpg

Mar 30, 2014
wv
@ ssjones. I wasn't to big on authors, but after seeing all the beauties you've posted, I've seen the light.

I have about 5 authors now and searching for more. Nice collection!

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
I picked up this estate Digby for a ten spot on ebay last week. It came in a box with pipe sock, though I'm not sure this is the original box it came in. I have no idea what "Canadian Club" is, though it is a London Made pipe, so maybe it is. At any rate, I'm very pleased to have this in my collection. Looks I didn't photograph the other side. It has "2006"stamped there which I assume is the shape number. (?)
digby000_zps236cb71f.jpg

digby001_zpsa6d96efc.jpg

digby002_zpsc1d68d51.jpg

digby003_zps821deee4.jpg