PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

captpat

Lifer
Dec 16, 2014
North Carolina
I'd like to give credit to the great customer service I recently received from Briarworks.

The backstory: I purchased a Moonshine Cannonball in Morta in January 2021, this was my first Morta pipe. After less than a dozen smokes I noticed (~7 months after purchase) that the mortise is cracked. The crack extends ~1/2" externally on the backside of the pipe, starting where the stem seats propagating downward towards the bowl, the crack extends into the mortise through to the draft hole. A second crack also seemed to be developing along a different grain line and below (towards the bowl) the first crack, it's ~1/4" long.

After looking at some pictures Briarworks quickly elected to replace the pipe. They didn't have any Morta on hand in the right size so we agreed that the replacement Cannonball would be briar. (BTW this was fine with me as I prefer briar smoking characteristics to Morta). I received the new pipe today.

A very satisfying and hassle-free experience. I will have no hesitation in purchasing from them again. ?

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
that's good to know. I don't understand companies that aren't like that. Why loss a customer on something that could translate to so many more sales. Just the fact you're saying they did you right has probably gotten at least a few folks with some money to burn looking at their site and your next pipe is more likely to be from them then if they told you that how the cookie bounces.

Reactions: frozenchurchwarden

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Bravo! Briarworks has a good reputation, and the pipe smoking world is a small one. A testimonial from a satisfied customer is the best possible advertising.

Reactions: Tar Wheel