PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

okrent

Might Stick Around
Mar 12, 2013
Hello fellow pipe smokers.

I'm planning on moving to Seattle in a few months and have a question for you guys living in Washington state. How do you go about stocking your cellars with the ban on shipping tobacco in the state? Would it still be illegal if I had an order delivered to my sister in NC and she then shipped it "privately" to me? Or is this a P.O. box in Oregon kind of situation?

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Does This Sound Familiar?
Just a reminder:

Please DO NOT DISCUSS METHODS OF CIRCUMVENTING CUSTOMS, LAWS, RESTRICTIONS, TAXATION, TRANSPORTATION, OR SHIPPMENT OF TOBACCO PRODUCTS ACROSS ANY BORDER, be they state or international.

Pipesmagazine.com cannot and does not condone the circumventing of any law, or the avoidance of taxation in Customs.

:puffy:

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
OH How I wish I had seen this post 2 days ago...
My friend had been telling me about these Bentley pipe lighters and they were never in stock at my B&M. Yesterday he sent a link to them available online.
When I was surfing the site (an approved PipesMag sponsor), I was in awe. The baccy was so REASONABLE. I mean here it's like 19.99 for a can of Sutliff... online 9.99. NOW I see why you all are so happy about buying tins!
So I went crazy of course and was rewarded by the inevitable email today: "We're sorry. It is a felony to ship baccy to the peoples republic of Washington. We can separate the order out or just refund you. Let us know".
I has a sad. lol.

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
The Kirsten Store in Seattle carries tobacco. Not a wide selection, but OK. Same thing for the Tinder Box in Tacoma. About $8.00 for 2 oz. Considering online shipping, the prices aren't too bad.
For God's sake, don't smoke in public, they will tar, feather and carve a big red T on your forehead. By the way, welcome to the state of Washington.

kanaia

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 3, 2013
East side of the mountains is completly different. At least as far as the public smoking goes. IMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.