PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 23, 2019
Pretty much what the title says: I'm waiting on a pipe to get from St Petersburg, Russia to the US; do any members have experience to share? I'm reading online it can take anywhere from a week to a month depending on method etc. but it was a Reddit post from 2014.

FYI - my package was sent via EMS (?) and I wonder what more recent delivery times are looking like.

Guess my PAD is just getting the better of me. Might need to pick up a corn cob at my local B&M just to soothe the symptoms.

Jun 23, 2019
Never done a pipe, but I’ve received a few knives from Russia. Typically took about 10-12 days in total.

I have found the 10 days to 2 weeks is the average.

Thanks for the speedy replies guys. I expected as much and to be honest that seems like a reasonable amount of time to get something half way across the world.

Guess I'm just spoiled with all the 2-Day/Next-Day/Same-Day delivery options we have here.

Reactions: dcon

SATX Pipe

Lurker
Sep 6, 2019
San Antonio, TX
www.satxpipe.com
I receive EMS shipments from Russia almost monthly and up until the end of last year they had been running very consistently around 14 days. In October pipes started taking about a solid month and has stayed that way since. It doesn't help that USPS receives little to no info from EMS until the package actually hits customs, but to give you some hope, in four years I've never had an international package lost in transit.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Colluding with Russia is fun. I order DE Blades that come from Russia, takes about two weeks.

Jun 23, 2019
Thanks for all the information, misinformation, and misterinformation.

In case anyone is following along and curious, it took exactly 8 days for the package to get from St. Petersburg to New York (JAN24-FEB1) but it now sits in US Customs and we'll see how long that takes.

?

EDIT: spelling

Reactions: 3rdguy

Idahojoe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 30, 2019
Wilder, Idaho
Guess I'm just spoiled with all the 2-Day/Next-Day/Same-Day delivery options we have here.
[/QUOTE]
God bless America my friend!

I send and receive packages from all over the world in trading gems. And, I have yet to figure out a normal time of arrival from anywhere. Sometimes a package from Eastern Europe will take over a month, whereas a package from the same place will arrive about as fast as an Amazon package. Russian amber is supposed to go through a check point, but sometimes it seems to get here rather fast.
I have no definite answer, but there are many times that I get my packages so long after I ordered them that I had forgotten that I had bought them in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.