PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Pit&Pipes

Can't Leave
Sep 29, 2020
OH-IO
This is mind-blowing!! I ordered an impulse meer from Altinay on Thursday night. Guess what just arrived at 12:00pm EST TODAY?!?!

In comparison, I also placed an order from P&C on Wednesday and it just got shipped today...LOL **not intending to beat a dead horse about P&C, just a comparison ;) **

And below is my new PAD...
284116A8-8603-4333-8D48-2A095773B27B.jpeg

coyja

Can't Leave
Feb 10, 2018
Spinning ball of dirt
My Altinay left Turkey on Monday morning and was in my hand before dinner on Weds.
Ordered from SP at same time, no idea where my package is, tracking hasn't even updated from preshipment.
Meanwhile I just read another doom article about the USPS that says you aren't getting your gifts by Xmas, lol!

Pit&Pipes

Can't Leave
Sep 29, 2020
OH-IO
My Altinay left Turkey on Monday morning and was in my hand before dinner on Weds.
Ordered from SP at same time, no idea where my package is, tracking hasn't even updated from preshipment.
Meanwhile I just read another doom article about the USPS that says you aren't getting your gifts by Xmas, lol!

Congrats and I’m sorry. What meet did you get if you don't mind my asking??

Reactions: coyja

64alex

Part of the Furniture Now
May 10, 2016
Don't want to get political but USPS sucks. I ordered a pipe from the East Coast which was expected to be delivered on Monday by USPS. Everything went ok until it arrived to the post office 2 miles from my house as expected on Monday morning with delivery scheduled for the afternoon. Then the post office said there was a delay due to the high volume of parcels. No mail was delivered to all my building on Monday, no mail was delivered to all building on Tuesday, it was finally delivered along with the mail of the building of the last three days on Wednesday late afternoon. BTW no mail was again delivered on Thursday and Friday and we'll see if something will be delivered today.
Hope there are no USPS employees here but my bottom line is USPS should be put out of business and their employee should join and enjoy the status of unemployed.
About shipping for across the pound I had a similar unbelievable experience with Alpascia where I placed an order on Sunday night and I received the parcel on Tuesday in LA.

Raylan

Lurker
Nov 16, 2020
USPS service depends on the route it takes - if it goes to the LA hub or the New Jersey Hub you are hosed. Ordered replacement/extra batteries from England for my new cell phone and got them in 3 days. Try ordering brass, primers, or gun powder none to buy, out of stock, or on backorder for months.

Last edited:

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
I’m assuming your Altinay order was sent DHL, FedEx, or UPS Express, where the local orders would of been either 1st Class or Priority Mail, not as fast.

Nice FAT pipe, enjoy! :)

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
I’ve been staring at Altinay, been wanting a Meer too, I really liked the ones they just recently sold with Bamboo on the shanks, but they were sure pricey.

Between them and Altinokpipes, I keep looking for something that catches the eye to get.

Reactions: Pit&Pipes

Pit&Pipes

Can't Leave
Sep 29, 2020
OH-IO
I’ve been staring at Altinay, been wanting a Meer too, I really liked the ones they just recently sold with Bamboo on the shanks, but they were sure pricey.

Between them and Altinokpipes, I keep looking for something that catches the eye to get.

Both of their meers are great!! However, Altinay’s shipping is way faster.

Reactions: PipeIT