She Says She Wants That "Good Smelling" Tobacco Help...

SmokingPipes.com Updates

3 Fresh Former Pipes
48 Fresh Vauen Pipes
72 Fresh Savinelli Pipes
6 Fresh Kai Nielsen Pipes
48 Fresh Ropp Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I tried the Firedance and literally almost puked. It tasted like puke. I have never been put off by a blend that much in all my years. I am going to try it again when I get my nerve up. The tin has been aging for a few months so I am hoping that will help it some. It was such a weird taste, it wasn't the lakelend essence that put me off, but the casing. I tried it because it has some pretty good reviews.

hiplainsdrifter

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 8, 2012
I second the Dan Blue Note- that stuff has a fabulous room note that is difficult to pin down to any one topping. If you want something that actually smokes well too, look at McCranie's Red Ribbon- heavenly Virginia that smells as good as it tastes.

dochudson

Lifer
May 11, 2012
Boswell Chocolate Creme is my lady's absolute favorite and we haven't found one that compares.
they included a sample of the choc with my last order.. great alone or very good mixed 50/50 with the rasp

frtimmyd

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 13, 2011
I will always give a "shout out" for 7 Seas Royal. No matter where I smoke it, I always get compliments on the way it smells.

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
Try some CAO Moontrance, I know it sounds crazy, but that one is fantastic. It is a very nice burbon/vanilla flavor with nothing but good straight VA tobacco in it. I am a VA fan, so this is definatley my aromatic of choice. It smells really great too.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
Remember,though, when push comes to shove, you have to enjoy the taste. If your lady loves the smell, but you don't like it, don't smoke it.
(And I agree with the guys who mention some of the old blends - that's probably what her grandpa smoked. Maybe you can find out.)

deleon

Nov 7, 2011
Texas
Mac Baren 7 Seas Red

Lanes 1Q

CAO Moontrance or Cherry Bomb

Captain Spice

Midnight
I've had no problem with any of these.

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
+1 for CAO Moontrance! Heha, I just am really loving it and I am not even talking about its wonderful smell.

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
CAO Moontrance is great and if you like it try Dan Tobacco's Blue Note. Essentially the same thing but I thought Blue Note was a little better.

akpipe

Might Stick Around
Aug 28, 2012
I second Autumn Evening, my wife likes that as well; no real strength though.
For the kick you can blend an aro with a virginia to take it further and still retain most of the smell good affects; or go the lakeland route if you're into that genre.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
W.O. Larsen Signature Vintage Mixture. I would smoke this stuff if it did not have a topping because the tobacco itself is very satisfying. Add the aromatic topping of caramel/pineapple and look out, you have one fine smelling good tasting and rather satisfying tobacco. The aroma is of toffee, caramel. pineapple and a bit of vanilla. I get tons of compliments when smoking this tobacco and I enjoy a full flavoured tobacco while getting those compliments. Also try Amphora Regular and Amphora Full Aroma.

Jul 15, 2011
MacBaren 7 Seas (you can't really go wrong with any one of the 5 varieties)

Carter Hall

Captain Black

CAO Moontrance

CAO Eileens Dream

Altadis Vanilla Custard

Butternut Burley

Lane 1Q
All these should be a good place to start.

gmwolford

Lifer
Jul 26, 2012
WV, USA
I went through this when I started a pipe; my wife's father smoked a cherry and she "loved" it. I have tried many cherry blends (and I don't usually care for cherry), including all the OTCs I could get a hold of, and they all "stink" now according to her. I did find a cherry liquor aro at the local B&M they call Black Cordial and it does smell and taste good: not too heavy on the cherry smell or taste but definitely there.

greffelstejn

Lurker
Dec 26, 2011
This works for me, good taste fine roomnote. Good tobaco.
W.Ø Larsen Old Fashioned, A blend of burley and virginia in top quality!

Description:

A blend of Virginia and Burley leaf that has been selected from the best tobacco fields in the world. No effort has been spared as one part of the blend has been pressed into cakes and aged, while the other part is finished in different cuts. Finally the different parts are blended and top flavored by hand.
Country of Origin: DK

Curing Group: Air Cured

Contents: Burley, Virginia

Flavoring: Other / Misc

frennchy11

Dec 28, 2011
Sutliff Molto Dolce. Very mellow smoke with a really good room note (so I have been told). Needs a little preparation but it really is awesome stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.