PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 10, 2020
Howdy all. First time pipe user here, I'll just cut to the chase; the shank on my pipe has cracked in two places and I could really use your help in fixing it! I'm really not sure how it cracked in the first place as I've been rather meticulous in caring for it. I took it from it's case today to use it and found this. I'm sure you can imagine my horror!
I'll attach pictures of the shank below;
16076249697285477871100473434389.jpg
16076249325155843457905137656701.jpg

Is this actually fixable or should I make my peace with the poor thing and get a new one? Id really prefer to fix it if at all possible since it has significant sentimental value. Thanks in advance!

- Woe

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
Howdy all. First time pipe user here, I'll just cut to the chase; the shank on my pipe has cracked in two places and I could really use your help in fixing it! I'm really not sure how it cracked in the first place as I've been rather meticulous in caring for it. I took it from it's case today to use it and found this. I'm sure you can imagine my horror!
I'll attach pictures of the shank below;
View attachment 54841
View attachment 54840

Is this actually fixable or should I make my peace with the poor thing and get a new one? Id really prefer to fix it if at all possible since it has significant sentimental value. Thanks in advance!

- Woe
Look up Rebornpipes - lots of detailed advice on all aspects of pipe repair and refurbishment. the resurrection of some badly damaged/"fit for the garbage can" specimens is amazing.

Mr.Pink

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 12, 2020
Chicago IL
Sorry, You ran into some bad luck. If it has sentimental value, send it off and have the band put on, like cosmic said, and have a pro do it. Send it off and don't mess with it. Have someone that knows what they are doing fix it. Steve ,Reborn makes it look easy because he has been doing it for decades. Good luck

Reactions: Kottan
Status
Not open for further replies.