PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
View attachment 316288View attachment 316289
I may a "dim bulb" or have "removed all doubt of being a fool" but from the side photos, they certainly looked like tobacco pipes to me and said nothing about cigarette tobacco but that seems to be what they are for. View attachment 316288View attachment 316289
those seem legit. I have one pipe about like that in size and capacity. It smokes great (Tsuge metal blowfish). I suggest high nic blends. Mines my semois/five bros pipe.

Reactions: Mike G from CT

Epip Oc'Cabot

Can't Leave
Oct 11, 2019
Hmm. They are interesting, for certain.

But, how in the hell could they drill a hole UNDER the bottom of the bowl and have it come up from the other side of the stem?!!

Are you sure that the second hole, distal to the shank is not a “blind” hole….. like if the drill operator was over zealous and the drill bit ran across to the other side inside the bowl?

OR…. perhaps I have figured it out….. are BOTH draught holes drilled downward so that each hole connects to a lower, “tunnel” hole that runs straight through the bottom of the bowl and shank? This would create two “elbow” connections?

I agree with the OP that this arrangement, if two elbows, would seem awfully damn difficult to clean.

If the OP is willing, I would like to see the size, shape, and position of the hole in the shank. Is it normal diameter or is it too, the width of a pin?

Mar 10, 2024
Clinton, CT
Hmm. They are interesting, for certain.

But, how in the hell could they drill a hole UNDER the bottom of the bowl and have it come up from the other side of the stem?!!

Are you sure that the second hole, distal to the shank is not a “blind” hole….. like if the drill operator was over zealous and the drill bit ran across to the other side inside the bowl?

OR…. perhaps I have figured it out….. are BOTH draught holes drilled downward so that each hole connects to a lower, “tunnel” hole that runs straight through the bottom of the bowl and shank? This would create two “elbow” connections?

I agree with the OP that this arrangement, if two elbows, would seem awfully damn difficult to clean.

If the OP is willing, I would like to see the size, shape, and position of the hole in the shank. Is it normal diameter or is it too, the width of a pin?
Yes they go to a chamber below where the heel is and then out the shank. They actually don't smoke badly at all. I don't know how long these little buggers will last but for now they are pretty novel. The seller has many other regular pipes of good quality on his ebay site along with many different usual pipe styles of these.