PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonorisis

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 24, 2019
Kendal Dark Shag, Kendal Kentucky, Petite Robin Semois, Dark Bird's Eye, and Penny Farthing are all shags that I enjoy.

Reactions: redglow

SpookedPiper

Lifer
Sep 9, 2019
East coast
I like George Karelias and Sons, it's actually a hand rolling tobacco shag cut blend, mostly Virginia. I am not that big of a fan of shag, but it is my way of cheating quitting cigarettes. I have almost a full month since I lit a fag, and on a couple of occasions when the temptation was high I just lit a shag, in a small bowled pipe. I did inhale one in 5 draws, it is quite reasonable . I have seen some old timers in England that smoke Drum (which I believe contains a tad of latakia) - another famous shag hand rolling tobacco blend in Europe.
It seems that sometimes you like to put a little shag in your fag?! ?

For sure...I used to smoke cigarettes, years ago but stopped after my child was born, just to find the tranquility of a pipe. So much less anxiety as the nicotine is not as forward as with cigs.

It's news to me that Drum had Latakia in it as it must have been 0.001% as I never picked it up.

Pipes are just more sophisticated!

Reactions: madox07 and redglow

troyniss

Can't Leave
Jul 8, 2018
Michigan
C&D Redburn is a crumble cake that breaks down into a cut that is damn close to a shag
Most C&D cakes tend to be this way. I just finished a block of Redburn. Black Frigate and Pirate Kake are the same. IMO, its borderline shag. Chopped ribbon if you will.

A good tool is to refine searches on Tobaccoreviews.com for shag cuts. Also, as krizzose said, C&D crumble are very similar to shag. I've always been pleased with the burn characteristics of them. You may want to check a few of their blends out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.