PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipeyPiper

Lurker
Nov 4, 2021
Switzerland
So I'll a try a less controversial topic this time and try to contribute at the same time. Lol

I'm not good at describing nuances and subtle flavors but Skiff Mixture is delicious. I finally got around to opening the tin I bought last year and what the heck took me so long? I am not an expert on English/Balkan blends by any means but Skiff, IMHO, blows 965 out of the water. Where 965 is like a simple, although very good, three piece band Skiff Mixture is a complex orchestra. So many different notes working beautifully together weaving in and out from big and bold to soft and subtle. Each tobacco takes its turn from being the lead player to being the perfect back up working harmoniously together and never clashing. The best part is you are never sure where the piece is going. Each bar (puff) is different from the last but it never seems confused or lost. As it gets towards the end you can feel the complexity increasing, the climax is nearing, and the whole ensamble gives it their all for that one last perfomance of a lifetime and just as the roof is about to be blown off, its over.

*STANDING OVATION*

Aomalley27

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 8, 2021
Chicagoland area
Nice. Although I LOVE 965; as it’s easily an all day smoke, and quite versatile in that it can be smoked as a light breakfast pipe, or a relaxing after dinner dalliance.

I’ve always thought of Skiff as a strictly evening smoke. So 965 is a sweet tea, and Skiff an after dinner aperitif.

Andriko

Can't Leave
Nov 8, 2021
London
I love Skiff. I also love 965. However, to keep the music analogy, 965 is a bit hard rock with the way it hits you with it's flavours, whilst Skiff is like smoking 1970s Genesis. I think it's my favourite blend so far, except for possibly Rattray's Red Raparee.