Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
The availability of SG and GH in the US is very simply a function of how much the importers/distributors order and how much and wnen they decide to dribble it out to the trade. Gawith’s customers are :
(1) In the U.K., retailers who order directly through Gawith’s domestic distribution arm which also distributes other products to such retailers, such as Stanwell pipes;

(2) In the rest of the world, properly licensed importers.

To beat this dead horse once more, as I and others have posted in this thread and other threads, and on other forums as well, including official posts directly from the company on Facebook and another forum , the availability of Gawith products is strictly a function of what their customers - who aren’t individual smokers - order, and how these customers choose to distribute it to the trade. There is no need for more complex theories.
I understand that. They are in it to make money, simple as that. Not a complex theory, just supply and demand.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
The availability of SG and GH in the US is very simply a function of how much the importers/distributors order and how much and wnen they decide to dribble it out to the trade. Gawith’s customers are :
(1) In the U.K., retailers who order directly through Gawith’s domestic distribution arm which also distributes other products to such retailers, such as Stanwell pipes;

(2) In the rest of the world, properly licensed importers.

To beat this dead horse once more, as I and others have posted in this thread and other threads, and on other forums as well, including official posts directly from the company on Facebook and another forum , the availability of Gawith products is strictly a function of what their customers - who aren’t individual smokers - order, and how these customers choose to distribute it to the trade. There is no need for more complex theories.
Oh don’t worry there are many in this country who believe much more ridiculously complex and unbelievable theories. ?

mingc

Lifer
Jun 20, 2019
The Big Rock Candy Mountains
I received some crushed tins of St James Flake yesterday. I won't mention the retailer. I blame the shipper- Its bloody disrespectful of the U.S. customer.
The tins have a slight tobacco scent, but I find that to be the case with most SG tins, so I think the seals survived.
Same. The bottoms were so badly crushed that it's hard to picture how it happened. I opened one and the seal was amazingly still intact. The lids on the other tins seemed stuck on quite well also, so rather than return them, I just stuck the entire tins into mylar bags and sealed the bags up.

Reactions: BROBS
Oct 7, 2016
I understand that. They are in it to make money, simple as that. Not a complex theory, just supply and demand.
The supply and demand imbalance says to me other factors are at work. Pipe tobacco is a bastard stepchild to some national distributors, who are more focused on cigars and “next generation” nicotine delivery systems, and in Kretek’s (the owner of Phillips and King, the SG distributor) case, also servicing convenience stores. They laid off over half of their reps that called on online and brick and mortar tobacconists.

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
I thought P&C was a big no no around here? Hmm ?

Based on all I’ve read I stay away from P&C.

SPC & Boswell’s also has SG.

SPC

Boswell’s

Reactions: BROBS
Status
Not open for further replies.