PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

shermnatman

Lifer
Jan 25, 2019
Philadelphia Suburbs, Pennsylvania
Shermnatman—thanks! You’re ok, Kid. Even though you... Smoke Dirty Pipes.
It's my pleasure, Brother Grangerous; and, if you've a really good boy, and improve your behavior, the gang and I will take up a collection and send you back to Summer Camp again in June - if, you can stay out of trouble until then :LOL: - Sherm Natman

camp.jpg

Grangerous

Lifer
Dec 8, 2020
East Coast USA
It's my pleasure, Brother Grangerous; and, if you've a really good boy, and improve your behavior, the gang and I will take up a collection and send you back to Summer Camp again in June - if, you can stay out of trouble until then :LOL: - Sherm Natman

View attachment 69348
My kids and I cordially invite you to Summer Camp—we promise you a memorable experience....
B4EEBC7A-8F11-445A-8C40-861801058930.jpeg
You filthy pipe smokin’ hippie you. That’s ok. That’s alright. I got something to fix that for ya, Sherm. Honey Lickin Rat Bastard. ??☝️

alexnc

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 25, 2015
Southeast US
So, I tried it once on a Country Gentleman just out of curiosity. I swabbed the interior with honey - it took months to dry so it wasn't tacky. So long I gave up and tossed it in a drawer and forgot about it for who knows how long. Do people smoke them tacky? Anyway, it did taste nice when I finally tried it - had a clear honey taste. I wouldn't do it again though. I've used maple syrup and activated charcoal on briars for bowl coating that dried in 2 days. Maybe maple syrup would work better?

shermnatman

Lifer
Jan 25, 2019
Philadelphia Suburbs, Pennsylvania
I'm not about to go and read every post, but I am curious... why just honey? You could just as well add maple syrup for your breakfast pipe. Add a fruit jelly to go along with an aromatic; cherry jelly and some Middleton. Or, any number of sugar goops would work just as well.
Yes, I actually prefer Maple Syrup over Honey. - Sherm Natman

So, I tried it once on a Country Gentleman just out of curiosity. I swabbed the interior with honey - it took months to dry so it wasn't tacky. So long I gave up and tossed it in a drawer and forgot about it for who knows how long. Do people smoke them tacky? Anyway, it did taste nice when I finally tried it - had a clear honey taste. I wouldn't do it again though. I've used maple syrup and activated charcoal on briars for bowl coating that dried in 2 days. Maybe maple syrup would work better?
One days, or at the max, two days drying time is all that is needed. You should want to thoroughly wet your finger first with tap water, then, apply the drop of honey or syrup to your finger before applying inside the bowl; thereby cutting the viscosity - and the drying time - considerably. - Sherm Natman

Mar 2, 2021
Alabama USA
Interestingly I read an article last evening that suggested honey to prevent "burn out" and not allowing cake to form in a cob. It was a balanced read and the author mentioned that YMMV.