PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

echambers

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 21, 2017
I have two questions that I think are related.
First, I've seen screenshots on other posts that shows several options on the [My Account] drop down that allows you to modify your account and change, change your password, and so forth. The only drop sown I says "Log Out.:
Second, I uploaded a picture when I initially set up my account but it doesn't (obviously) show up. Any help would be appreciated.

snowyowl

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 21, 2015
Kind of simple, for the first part.

When you are "online"... That's right under:

echambers

Jointed: Nov 2017

=====

Click on "echambers" and your personal page will appear.

For me, in any Forum thread, when I'm logged in, I click and see:

===

===
Look along the upper right white area for the ways you can personalize your presence here: Profile Edit Favorites Avatar

Have at it!

echambers

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 21, 2017
@snowyowl, how about profile pictures? I uploaded mine but it doesn't show?

snowyowl

Oct 21, 2015
If you mean "picture"... like my upside down pipe...

That's the avatar button.

snowyowl

Oct 21, 2015
I'm a little slow on the uptake...

Welcome to the club... many here are at least that slow.
And that be a fine avatar, laddy.

My claim -- nobody here knows less about pipes and pipe tobacco than I do.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
First, I've seen screenshots on other posts that shows several options on the [My Account] drop down that allows you to modify your account and change, change your password, and so forth. The only drop sown I says "Log Out.
When you are on the forums, if you click on my account you will only see 'Log Out'. To see the other available options go to the main page (pipesmagazine.com) and click on 'My Account'.

snowyowl

Oct 21, 2015
When you are on the forums, if you click on my account you will only see 'Log Out'. To see the other available options go to the main page (pipesmagazine.com) and click on 'My Account'.

And therein lies the arcane nature of this ye olde Forum software package. The "My Account" menu acts one way from the main page and behaves in another fashion on hundreds and hundreds of pages within the site.
So, again: once you are "online", no matter the Topic page... just click on your screen name for access to those things you'd like to edit or add about yourself.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
And therein lies the arcane nature of this ye olde Forum software package. The "My Account" menu acts one way from the main page and behaves in another fashion on hundreds and hundreds of pages within the site.
Because there are 2 profiles, one for the pipesmagazine.com and one for the forums of pipesmagazine.com. When you are on the main page clicking on my account will take you to your website profile so you can edit your details, add pictures to your album, etc. When you are on the forums you may click on your username and access to your forum profile.

Status
Not open for further replies.