PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

burleybreath

Lifer
Aug 29, 2019
Finger Lakes area, New York, USA
I find this rustication somewhat frightening, while at the same time making my gorge rise a bit. Is the briar so bad that it has to be done this way? Is allowing eight-year-olds to handle sharp tools a responsible practice? Is making an acceptable rustication really really hard? I'm tempted to buy it just so I can light it, sans tobacco. Behold and admire, connoisseurs! (Yeah, I know--each to his own, etc.)

bx.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

FLDRD

Lifer
Oct 13, 2021
Arkansas
I find this rustication somewhat frightening, while at the same time making my gorge rise a bit. Is the briar so bad that it has to be done this way? Is allowing eight-year-olds to handle sharp tools a responsible practice? Is making an acceptable rustication really really hard? I'm tempted to buy it just so I can light it, sans tobacco. Behold and admire, connoisseurs! (Yeah, I know--each to his own, etc.)

View attachment 339246
While I'm a Pete fan, this rustication is at the lowest of my appreciation level for all their finishes. Older rustication was MUCH more pleasing to the eye.
The only redeeming quality is that it's appropriate in the hand to the tactile receptors........

FLDRD

Lifer
Oct 13, 2021
Arkansas
I quite like it, and I bet it feels good in the hand.
I definitely prefer it to that pineapple rusticaion they were doing, although that had its fans.

Each to their own, I suppose🤷🏻‍♂️

View attachment 339249
I do prefer it over this "pineapple" style as you referred it. But I've got a couple of SH with a completely different rustication that I like best. 1980's? Not at home to take a pic...........

All of you guys that like this carving style. I have a classic Michelangelo carving that I can sell you. It is an example of the highest level skills in Renaissance carving ever. Just PM me, and you can have this classical beauty in your home right away. Like, 9 million dollars? 12 million? No, for the low low price of only $39.97, this can be your very own, museum quality, hand carved masterpiece.
1727804859919.png