PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I bought my Ser Jacopo in 2013, new on sale from Smoking Pipes, with some windfall money. I couldn't touch a SJ new or estate today with what i paid on that sale, and I like the pipe very much. A fetching design that has aged well, a Dublin blast bowl, with a square serpentine shank and stem. The chamber is more than ample, and the bit is broad, and the whole pipe light weight and comfortable, with an open draw. The whole package is deluxe, and I always enjoy lighting it up. It's all the better for having been an extremely good deal. I can attest, it has aged nicely.

Sir Yak

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 15, 2022
Arkansas
I have 6 and still looking for the perfect 7th. I love my SJs. They all smoke great and I like their particular style. I lean towards smaller than typical SJs. A lot of their pipes run BIG.

Buffalo

Can't Leave
Oct 8, 2022
Central Nebraska
I cannot recommend them enough. I have 2 Ser Jacopos and also one Mastro Geppetto.

Are SJs pricey? They can be. Do they smoke well? Absolutely. Are they worth the extra cost? In my opinion, yes!

If I was faced with the choice of buying one Ser Jacopo or 2 Petersons or Savinellis, I would, without a shadow of a doubt, buy the Ser Jacopo.

SBC

Lifer
Oct 6, 2021
NE Wisconsin
I've temporarily owned and smoked several of them, back in my pipe flipping days.
Of all the pipes that I was committed to selling, the SJs were usually the most difficult to go through with -- I loved them so much.
The aesthetic of the ones which passed through me were exquisite, to my taste. The drilling and draw are likewise perfect. I became an enormous fan, and now groan to remember the ones I let go.

Dec 10, 2013
Nijmegen, the Netherlands
I much cherish my older Coral Dot Ser Jacopo's , perfect engineering and aesthetically spot on !
So much Italian flair and boldness, very posh and slick. Unique little scuptures; applied art at its very best, like the very early Caminetto Ascorti Radice pipes . And then there is that perfect, elaborate fat silver work.
The later ones ( post 1997 ) do not so much speak to me.
Sorry, emotion gets the better of me now. I need a fresh tea.

Searock Fan

Lifer
Oct 22, 2021
U.S.A.
I've temporarily owned and smoked several of them, back in my pipe flipping days.
Of all the pipes that I was committed to selling, the SJs were usually the most difficult to go through with -- I loved them so much.
The aesthetic of the ones which passed through me were exquisite, to my taste. The drilling and draw are likewise perfect. I became an enormous fan, and now groan to remember the ones I let go.
If you liked them so much, why would you sell them??? puffy

Reactions: Al Gore Rhythm