PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sfsteves

Lifer
Aug 3, 2013
SF Bay Area
According to KCPQ-TV (Seattle), the Seattle City Council voted in October to seize a waterfront parking lot by eminent domain from the 103-year-old owner after negotiations to buy the property on the open market broke down.
The state is funding a six-year tunnel-digging project in the area, and the city has decided it needs the property for not-yet-specified uses ... except that in one part of the property, the city said it plans to operate a parking lot.

kashmir

Lifer
May 17, 2011
Northern New Jersey
"Big Yellow Taxi"

By Joni Mitchell

(Graham Nash's ex-girlfriend)
They paved paradise And put up a parking lot With a pink hotel, a boutique And a swinging hot SPOT Don't it always seem to go That you don't know what you've got ‘Til it's gone They paved paradise And put up a parking lot
They took all the trees And put them in a tree museum Then they charged the people A dollar and a half just to see 'em Don't it always seem to go, That you don't know what you've got ‘Til it's gone They paved paradise And put up a parking lot
Hey farmer, farmer Put away that DDT now Give me spots on my apples But LEAVE me the birds and the bees Please! Don't it always seem to go That you don't know what you've got ‘Til its gone They paved paradise And put up a parking lot
Late last night I heard the screen door slam And a big yellow taxi Come and took away my old man Don't it always seem to go That you don't know what you've got ‘Til it's gone They paved paradise And put up a parking lot
I said Don't it always seem to go That you don't know what you've got ‘Til it's gone They paved paradise And put up a parking lot
They paved paradise And put up a parking lot They paved paradise And put up a parking lot

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
The “eminent domain” scam strikes again. Organized crime has many a ploy up their sleeve.
They took all the trees And put them in a tree museum Then they charged the people A dollar and a half just to see 'em
Now there’s an inflation example for you...a tree museum ticket would be around 10X that these days...plus parking fees of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.