PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Some crashes cause fatalities. This one will cause an increase in the birth rate and a seasonal overflow in local maternity wards. None of the parents will admit to knowing anything about this wreck.

lraisch

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 4, 2011
Granite Falls, Washington state
Not as much fun, but when I was a teenager working on the Jersey turnpike, I saw a lot of strange crashes and weird occurrences.

One that sticks with me was seeing an 18-wheeler on a curving overpass about a mile away and thinking it looked too close to the guard rail.

I decided that at that distance, I probably couldn't actually judge its position and then saw it strike the guard rail and overturn with the trailer ripping open. What looked like tons of rock spilled out and onto the cars below.

I sprinted to a road service truck and drove the wrong way out the entrance ramp calling the state police on the radio. When I got there a minute or so later, there was already a trooper on the scene and he and I walked up the slope to the trucker, knee deep in cantaloupes.

No one was hurt, but the steering on this brand-new truck looked like it had been deliberately sawn through.

Ask me some time about the overturned van that spilled $200k of silver ingots.

briarbuck

Lifer
Nov 24, 2015
puss-in-boots-dildo.gif

n_irwin

Can't Leave
Apr 15, 2022
Oklahoma, USA
I can imagine the headlines,
"Man with a semi spills his load on the highway!"

I understand it's past peak season for Oklahoma, but would be interesting if a tornado came through to clean it up.
If you watch the video of the local news report, the guy in the helicopter actually reports, « this is a semi that overturned and lost its load here… »

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
I’m older than respectable businesses that sell sex toys.

When I left the farm in 1976 and attended college in Kansas City, my friends took me to both red light districts.

The one downtown was seventies looking pimps in Cadillacs and street walkers, that would yell at us You want a date?

[ No thanks, I had a girlfriend.:) ]

That downtown vice district looked, and was dangerous.

Four miles south on Main Street near the Country Club Plaza was more my speed of Sodom and Gomorrah. It was brightly lit with neon and flashing lights arcade district with lots of peep shows, sex toys for sale, old perverts, gay bars, strip clubs, and to my delight an old time honky tonk country bar exactly like the ones I’d grown to love. Inside were old barflies older than my mother who’d laugh and cackle with the old men sitting at her table.

I realized then, what Bright Lights and Country Music was all about:

I see decent looking thirtysomething red heads on television peddling sex toys, and somehow that’s just wrong, you know?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.