PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Funny related story. I was in Chicago and me and a buyer were dickering over $5. He was planning on buying.a few pipes. Anyway. He said are you going to let me walk over $5. At the time I was thinking to myself yeah I just might as he was a bit rude. But I decided no I’ll drop $5 more. The funny thing is that after all that he literally pulls a bank banded stack of Benjamin’s. Like $5000 to pay me.

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
I once bought two items off eBay from the same seller without asking about combining the shipping first. After the buy it now purchase the bastard refused to combine and charged me a shipping charge for each item that was something like $8.95 on each low price item. Topped it all off by sending them both in one box with about $3 actual postage stamped on the box. Prick. My fault for not checking first but his fault for being an asshole. Needless to say I left negative feedback which he vociferously disputed. Yeah, won’t be buying from him again.

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
One last thought - I recently put an item in my cart and was going to probably buy it anyway but got busy and didn’t complete the sale. A day later I got a 5.56% discount offer so I did actually accept it. Pretty damn skinny but hey, I intended to buy it anyway so no complaints.

DangerStranger

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 10, 2020
I once bought two items off eBay from the same seller without asking about combining the shipping first. After the buy it now purchase the bastard refused to combine and charged me a shipping charge for each item that was something like $8.95 on each low price item. Topped it all off by sending them both in one box with about $3 actual postage stamped on the box. Prick. My fault for not checking first but his fault for being an asshole. Needless to say I left negative feedback which he vociferously disputed. Yeah, won’t be buying from him again.
A somewhat shady option in a situation like this is to open an item not described case. eBay then forces the seller to pay return shipping an issue a full refund. Buyers win 100% of INAD cases. I wouldn't recommend doing this if the seller was on the up and up. But shady begets shady.

Reactions: verporchting

jrharrigan

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 27, 2020
I sometimes put things in my cart and just wait. Every now and again I get an offer from the seller (clearly many more people than just me get it) that takes 10-25% off the buy it now price.

I have a $160 pipe in my list right now that i would pay $125 for. We'll see.

You wouldn't believe how much a few dollars motivates people. A woman at an art show wanted one of my more expensive pieces, like $1259, or something like that. Her husband started haggling with me, and I was like, "with the cost of stones and metals, I'm really not making any money as it is." And, then he said, "I'll give you $1255..."
Then he pulls out a roll of Franklins to pay me, and I have to count back more change than money he'd saved embarrassing himself like that, ha ha.

Then, some people pay me more...

I have no idea how people's minds work sometimes.

Reactions: ofafeather
Status
Not open for further replies.