Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pirin

Lurker
Nov 4, 2018
You may consider Sarome PSD37
Mr Brog makes a copycat version of this. I wouldn't waste a penny on it.
Xikar and Lotus are basically BICs with fancy dresses. Open one and see. Plastic and tubes.
The Sarome is proper lighter with brass tank, like the Coronas, Kiribis, etc.
Plus big tools.

I agree with previous posters - the Corona Pipe Master is the butane king but it's tools may not be adequate for you.
I placed the "butane" adjective because there is only one true king - the Zippo.

For me it is Zippo + tools 99% of the time. The Pipemaster comes out when I don't feel like juggling with objects (say a garden party, walking on the beach, etc.).

Reactions: Effortlessdepths

Effortlessdepths

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 7, 2020
Micanopy, FL
You may consider Sarome PSD37
Mr Brog makes a copycat version of this. I wouldn't waste a penny on it.
Xikar and Lotus are basically BICs with fancy dresses. Open one and see. Plastic and tubes.
The Sarome is proper lighter with brass tank, like the Coronas, Kiribis, etc.
Plus big tools.

I agree with previous posters - the Corona Pipe Master is the butane king but it's tools may not be adequate for you.
I placed the "butane" adjective because there is only one true king - the Zippo.

For me it is Zippo + tools 99% of the time. The Pipemaster comes out when I don't feel like juggling with objects (say a garden party, walking on the beach, etc.).
That sarome is close, but that pick tool can't be used to clear a shank unfortunately. Not sure how much I would like the thumb flicking to let either, but definitely a cool lighter. I like the the slide out tamper though.

Reactions: Pirin

Pit&Pipes

Can't Leave
Sep 29, 2020
OH-IO
My IM Corona Old Boy has been going for over a decade. My Kiribi is doing well but not quite as long but no issues. I did pick up a cheap Captain Black that doesn’t perform well and have a couple Xikars laying around. I love lighters and have LAD (lighter acquisition syndrome) but will always grab my Old Boy and it hasn’t let me down. The Zippo/BIC goes with me when I hit the pub because I’d hate to lose the more expensive lighters.

For the tools, I just keep around 4 Czech tools or cheap pipe nails.

Reactions: Pirin

Pirin

Lurker
Nov 4, 2018
That sarome is close, but that pick tool can't be used to clear a shank unfortunately. Not sure how much I would like the thumb flicking to let either, but definitely a cool lighter. I like the the slide out tamper though.

Yes! The tamper!
By the way to me nothing beats the 8deco concave tampers.

Status
Not open for further replies.