PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Effortlessdepths

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 7, 2020
Micanopy, FL
My idea of the perfect lighter is one that has a few specific qualifications, in addition to the usual side mounted flame that is common to most pipe lighters:

1: It doesn't poof out a bunch of air/fuel as I press the button. The Lotus condor I have tends to blow all my loose leaf out whenever I light which is a pain.
2: Has a good fold out tamper attached that is decently wide and circular, not with a straight edge on one side like most do, my lotus condor got that right at least. If it has a slight straight edge that's fine.
3: Has a fold out poker/pin that is decently long, not this scooper business like the lotus condor.
4: Has an EASILY adjustable knob for flame size, but NOT so easy at to be adjusted on accident just by holding the damn thing, or catching on my keys in my pocket. The condor got this right.
5: This is a lot to ask and I can live without it, but a sight gauge to see how much butane is in it. I walk and smoke a lot and I hate always carrying a Bic just in case I run out of fuel.
6: Is fairly durable and too colorful. I prefer black or chrome, or possibly an earth tone. Going for manly here.

Does anyone know of a lighter that has all these qualities?

Reactions: kcghost

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
IM Corona makes the finest pipe lighters on the market. If you want one better hurry as their best model may be phased out soon.
This is my favorite style the Pipemaster. electronic ignition that never fails, here is my latest purchase.

I bought 4 of these for 113, retail was over 175 I believe. I now have 9 Pipemasters and won't run out any time soon.

Effortlessdepths

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 7, 2020
Micanopy, FL
I appreciate everyone's replies. I'll be honest, I know exactly what I want and I like having all the tools I need to smoke together with the lighter, and I like that they all stay attached to one another, that's just my preference. If the fold out tools break I can usually fix it and if not I'll just buy another lighter, it's worth it to me personally. I am always multitasking and walking while I smoke and walking my dog so having to deal with two different objects to smoke is a pain. If I'm just on the back porch it doesn't matter, but it's not the only place I smoke. I also don't mind a smaller fuel storage due to the fold out tools taking up space. That Corona lighter, the Peterson Bic sleeve, and the Xikar are close, but lack some of the things I mentioned, like the spear/rod/pin tool for loosening a draw or clearing the shank mid smoke, or they don't have the side mounted flame or the rod tool detaches. Very cool lighters though. I'm just picky though, I'm a jack of all trades master of none kind of guy and I really don't mind the sacrifices that come with that. That Xikar Resource is really close though, if only that scraper was a rod tool....

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I really wish more butane lighters had that fuel gauge. That's the worst part about them is running out of fuel right when you start forgetting it needs to be refueled often the same day you lost the bic or forgot the zippo.

Reactions: STP

edger

Lifer
Dec 9, 2016
Mayer AZ
You guys prompted me to reserect my old brass Zippo pipe lighter. I've been using wood matches for nostalgias sake. I forgot how soft the flame was. Very easy to avoid rim damage also.
Thanks all!

Reactions: Casual and STP
Status
Not open for further replies.