PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mingc

Lifer
Jun 20, 2019
The Big Rock Candy Mountains
For those who are experienced in the way of the HU, please can you give me some recommendations? My tastes are basically split in two. First, Lakelands--Ennerdale, Canon Plug, Grousemore, and second, Englishes--Margate, Commonwealth, Durbar, etc. I know I enjoyed GL Pease latakias too but I need to revisit them. Durbar is one of my all time favorites. HOW Field & Stream was also a favorite as was the topping on old Mixture 79 (but not the cheap burley). I also have very fond memories of Ferndown Black & Tan. I see Hans does quite a few latakia blends as well as florals. Actually, I see he does a few of everything. Your thoughts appreciated.

mingc

Lifer
Jun 20, 2019
The Big Rock Candy Mountains
There are a lot of blends in the HU line up. My faves are Makhuwa, Director's Cut, Old Fredders, 5th Anniversary Blend, Indaba, Out Of Africa, and Zulu. jiminks has extensively reviewed them.
Yes, too many for a first encounter. I have been perusing Jim's reviews, of which there are also too many for a first encounter, as well as others! Thanks for the list.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Some haven’t even been reviewed. One I enjoyed that wasn’t even listed anywhere was pfeifen ecke. Read the description on the site, and if it sounds like you would enjoy it, you most likely would!

Reactions: mingc

DedHed Piper

Might Stick Around
Dec 28, 2019
Sweden
Yes, Directorś cut is really great. As is Zulu and my English HU pick; Fayuum kake. A brilliant crumble kake.
Makhuva is one of the few Burleys I enjoy.

Reactions: mingc
Status
Not open for further replies.