PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
I love the hell out of the cazadores size. I had always attributed tight draws on Tatuajes to bad luck and never thought that it might be an intentional attempt at a Cuban draw gone a bit wrong. Luckily, It doesn't seem to happen too often, but it has happened to me. Very disheartening, especially at the Miami/Brown Label/Seleccion del Cazador/Cabinet price point. If you're going for a box, maybe use a vendor that has a guarantee that allows you to return a box after sampling a couple from it?

Lately, I have really enjoyed the Especiales (lancero) size, which ironically, I have not experienced any draw issues with. I'd give kudos to the lancero roller in Miami, but really it seems to be a shape MF excels at with their Nicaraguan made lines as well.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
I love the hell out of the cazadores size. I had always attributed tight draws on Tatuajes to bad luck and never thought that it might be an intentional attempt at a Cuban draw gone a bit wrong. Luckily, It doesn't seem to happen too often, but it has happened to me. Very disheartening, especially at the Miami/Brown Label/Seleccion del Cazador/Cabinet price point. If you're going for a box, maybe use a vendor that has a guarantee that allows you to return a box after sampling a couple from it?

Lately, I have really enjoyed the Especiales (lancero) size, which ironically, I have not experienced any draw issues with. I'd give kudos to the lancero roller in Miami, but really it seems to be a shape MF excels at with their Nicaraguan made lines as well.

Pete Johnson, founder of Tatuaje, created the line to be Cuban style Nicaraguan Puros. The first few years, they were horrible with plugs. Since then, they've mostly solved that problem. I tend to stay away form smaller ring gage cigars period, they are much more likely to be plugged. Cuban Lonsdales are notorious for plugs.

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
You would think cigars could be rolled such that 70-80% tight rolls could be eliminated, if in fact the cigar had a good draw at the rolling bench. But perhaps the draw can become problematic at multiple points and because of a variety of conditions. But if it had a good draw at the rolling bench, then watch for conditions that would make the tobacco swell. But no one is watching. At most a Boveda is tucked inside the box.

I had a long poker that worked perhaps 1 in 10. Nasty, expensive problem. Neither the manufacturer nor the distributor have a problem because they've been paid.

RodneyPierce

Might Stick Around
Oct 9, 2020
Marion, IA
First thing I would do is lower your humidor to 65% for everything. CC and NC. You will find your cigars all smoke much better.

I've personally not had any issue with tight draw on Tat's but store everything at 65%.

Reactions: danimalia
Status
Not open for further replies.